Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

744 v3 BETA - On the gate at VHHX

A quick shot from one of those places synonymous with the 747-400, Kai Tak! This place epitomizes the heyday of the 747 in my view, and as you can see the ramp is full of them!

We've just arrived from Auckland, NZ after 11 hours 30 minutes, the shutdown checks are being run, and it's almost time to sign off for the night. Listening to those CF6's spool down after a long haul is one of the most satisfying moments of the flight.

20161117201902_1%20Panorama.jpg

• Upvote 18

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Beautiful screenshot and very nice night lighting in the flight deck. Good for our eyes!!

• Upvote 1

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Very nice shot, I'm eagerly looking forward to fly the new Queen!

One small request for PMDG, perhaps this might save a lot of pain after the release seeing all those Kai Tak shots.
As Kai Tak is no longer in the current navigation databases, how about you hardcode the Kai Tak and old Quito data into the 747, regardless of the AIRAC installed?
This would safe a lot of simmers quite some pain fiddling with AIRACs if they want to fly of either of the two airports.

• Upvote 3

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I'm confused. This is the second topic to call it v3... Isn't it v2? :unknw: Anyway, great screens!

Any plans of adding a copilot tn the seat soas not to appear to be a haunted jet?  When I look over I would like to see Otto.

spacer.png

This is the second topic to call it v3... Isn't it v2

It's a V3

The original Queen of the Skies for FS9 was V1.

When we moved that project into FSX later on, it became V2, but retained the original Queen of the Skies moniker.

...now we have V3, and Queen of the Skies II.

Kyle Rodgers

One small request for PMDG, perhaps this might save a lot of pain after the release seeing all those Kai Tak shots.
As Kai Tak is no longer in the current navigation databases, how about you hardcode the Kai Tak and old Quito data into the 747, regardless of the AIRAC installed?
This would safe a lot of simmers quite some pain fiddling with AIRACs if they want to fly of either of the two airports.

I don't believe that this is something that we'd do. It could create a mess in the code, and the database side of me cringes at hard coding things like that.

That being said, since I've personally spent a lot of time down there in the sim, I might make some sort of tool to automatically "inject" airports into the files and file structure, but it would be external and independent of the aircraft entirely (just as the nav database is). No promises. I have a number of projects that I'm working on at the moment (none of which anyone here knows about :ph34r:  :P ), but if I need a break from a particular project, I might look into it.

• Upvote 7

Kyle Rodgers

Stunning picture!! Night flights :wub: !

Mauricio Brentano

Mark,

Thanks a lot for this beautiful shot!!

compared to the 777 how spacious/ cramped does this cockpit feel?

There is some kind of fish eye effect going on in this photo..which makes the cockpit look smaller.

But my god is this plane beautiful!

Just marvelous 

Warm regards