Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

747-400ER

If I recall correctly, it is among the variants included in the initial release base package, along with the -ERF, -F, -BCF, and -M.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Will the 744 v3 include the ER variant in the base package?

From a post by RSR a while back:

"2) Is the 747-400F being made?:  Yes.  We are building the 747-400/F/ER/M/BCF and the 747-8/F  We may add to this list at our discretion."

So, in the 400 product, you're getting:

• 747-400 (the 747 you all know and love)
  • 747-400F (the freighter version of the 747 you know and love - easy to spot as it looks like a 400 with a 100-sized upper deck)
  • 747-400ER (the 747 you all know and love, for longer)
  • 747-400ERF (the F with some ER stuff in it)
  • 747-400M (the combi version of the 747 with a rear cargo door)
  • 747-400BCF (BCF means Boeing Converted Freighter, and it is outwardly similar to the M)

...and each engine type of all of those.

Just to clarify the 400 versus the 8:

"5) Will the 747-400 and the 747-8 be in the same package?:  No, these will be two different products.  Currently we envision the 747-8 as an expansion package to the 747-400.  (As always- information subject to change- there are some variables here that we don't control so it is under review...)"

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, you know if TOPCAT will simulate the 8/F ??

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

Hi Kyle, you know if TOPCAT will simulate the 8/F ??

No idea. Something to ask them, perhaps.

Kyle Rodgers

you know if TOPCAT will simulate the 8/F ??

TOPCAT is dead in the water according to the developers. I believe the answer is no.

TOPCAT is dead in the water according to the developers. I believe the answer is no.

Have they stated that outright?

Kyle Rodgers

Have they stated that outright?

Yes. In reply to an email I sent to FlightSimSoft or whoever the developer was. The reply was from Judith Blaschegg a cohort of Christian Gill.

and if TOPCAT died how would i do the WEIGHt AND BALANCE, FUEL LOAD (ALL) , PERFOMANCE, TAKE OFF AND LANDING.. or what software you use to calculate everything said 

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

and if TOPCAT died how would i do the WEIGHt AND BALANCE, FUEL LOAD (ALL) , PERFOMANCE, TAKE OFF AND LANDING.. or what software you use to calculate everything said 

I'm sure someone will work up some sort of program. At the very least, there's usually an Excel worksheet floating around somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Yes. In reply to an email I sent to FlightSimSoft or whoever the developer was. The reply was from Judith Blaschegg a cohort of Christian Gill.

Well that sucks. It has seemed like all of their attention has been on PFPX but I find TOPCAT to be a pretty invaluable tool. Maybe they'll open up the file format so that third parties can create profiles a la PFPX. 

I love my TOPCAT.  I would suggest that we head over to their forum and politely ask for this.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Quite honestly, TOPCAT is more needed than PFPX.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Quite honestly, TOPCAT is more needed than PFPX.

Yessir.

spacer.png