Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

747-400ER

I'm sure someone will work up some sort of program. At the very least, there's usually an Excel worksheet floating around somewhere.

Having a tool like TOPCAT is very important I have faith That 8 / F furrow the heaven in my FSX and Coming P3D 

I love my TOPCAT.  I would suggest that we head over to their forum and politely ask for this.

All right, let's all

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

TOPPER is an alternative take off calculator and the developer is very nice and responsive. PMDG could work with him to bring out a takeoff calculator if TOPCAT has stopped developing.  - David Lee

TOPPER is an alternative take off calculator and the developer is very nice and responsive. PMDG could work with him to bring out a takeoff calculator if TOPCAT has stopped developing. - David Lee

It's TOPER...but yeah...that'd be good for folks that don't already have TOPCAT.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would suggest that we head over to their forum and politely ask for this.

The TOPCAT Forum has been read only since January 2015. You can't make posts.

I'm sure someone will work up some sort of program. At the very least, there's usually an Excel worksheet floating around somewhere.

Kyle, what are you using in conjunction with the 747 model(s) to test the TO/Landing performace calcs if nothing specifically is available?  Or is the calc tool a function of the model produced?

The TOPCAT Forum has been read only since January 2015. You can't make posts.

Hmm, well this is disappointing to hear.

spacer.png

Kyle, what are you using in conjunction with the 747 model(s) to test the TO/Landing performace calcs if nothing specifically is available?  Or is the calc tool a function of the model produced?

Not sure of the question here...

The FMC can easily calculate its own v-speeds using the balanced field method. The only thing TOPCAT or other programs add is the ability to run the metrics for the departure path, and run calculations to figure out how much you can de-rate thrust. So, it's not exactly a function that is inherently required for testing.

...but that's all excepting the fact that TOPCAT has had a 747-400 profile for (literally) a decade. The data from back then is the same data now. A 400 is a 400 is a 400.

Kyle Rodgers

TOPCAT has had a 747-400 profile for (literally) a decade. The data from back then is the same data now. A 400 is a 400 is a 400.

Yep, which is awesome as a TOPCAT owner, the concern is with the -8.

spacer.png

The FMC can easily calculate its own v-speeds using the balanced field method. The only thing TOPCAT or other programs add is the ability to run the metrics for the departure path, and run calculations to figure out how much you can de-rate thrust. So, it's not exactly a function that is inherently required for testing.

Got it.

Yep, which is awesome as a TOPCAT owner, the concern is with the -8.

yes i can be silly for focusing only in the 8/F  :fool:  now the 400/F  will not disappear but in the future if and will remain el 8/F..  and without this in TOPCAT i died  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :Nail Biting:

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

the concern is with the -8.

Depending upon the weight and thrust of 747-8 when compared to the 744 you still might be able use TOPCAT. For example if it recommends for the TOW of the 744 flaps 20,TO2, and assumed temperature you could back the settings down to maybe flaps 20 TO1 and a lower temperature for the 747-8. But that is in the future. Maybe something will come along by then. I would lose any sleep over it right now.

I would[n't] lose any sleep over it right now.

Nope, Im losing sleep fantasizing about my new Queen to mount.

spacer.png

I lost sleep, back to flying long haul in the sim with the 777 to get back in the mood when that -400F and 400BCF comes! FlyTampa EHAM released about the same time as the 747 would be great timing too. - David Lee

FlyTampa EHAM released about the same time as the 747 would be great timing too. - David Lee

That would be amazeballs.

So the -ERF is not being modeled? Is there any specific reason for that?

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png