Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

ftx central 3 user guide

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

thanks jim I have already grasped that part of it , installed ftx central transferred all my licences apart from 1 orbx free one due to orbx page fault which I will try again today. the user guide I was looking for was how and were to put inserts , a lot of f/s users have been at this a long time , and it is second nature to a lot of users,.I have been doing my modest settings  via fsx as ftx seems to do nothing in altering any settings once done in fsx so I am still at a lose on using ftx.  an example of a set of inserts would be nice     rgds

thanks jim I have already grasped that part of it , installed ftx central transferred all my licences apart from 1 orbx free one due to orbx page fault which I will try again today. the user guide I was looking for was how and were to put inserts , a lot of f/s users have been at this a long time , and it is second nature to a lot of users,.I have been doing my modest settings  via fsx as ftx seems to do nothing in altering any settings once done in fsx so I am still at a lose on using ftx.  an example of a set of inserts would be nice     rgds

That is a good question to ask and from what I have read over at the official forum, is that they are working on a fix to streamline the scenery insertion issue.  When I moved to FTX3, I too was a little confused on how that worked, but basically, the dropdown allows you to pick where the scenery should sit, which should be below any 3rd party scenery (non-ORBX).  Some folks have taken issue with instances that it resets itself and other strange things.  Again, the forum itself has a great many answers there, you just have to sift through the posts. :(

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

thanks jim I think though if you alter or upgrade an important item to the operation of any type of sim you should have a user guide not wait for your patrons to try and sort out. also my save button also does not work  my eu England seems ok also just purchased trees works well an improvement frame rates still good 50 ish  the rest of my stuff seems not so good ,I wanted to buy a few more packages but I am holding off till I get this sorted to assist my save button to work do you recon a reinstall will work that is ftx reinstall

thanks jim I think though if you alter or upgrade an important item to the operation of any type of sim you should have a user guide not wait for your patrons to try and sort out. also my save button also does not work  my eu England seems ok also just purchased trees works well an improvement frame rates still good 50 ish  the rest of my stuff seems not so good ,I wanted to buy a few more packages but I am holding off till I get this sorted to assist my save button to work do you recon a reinstall will work that is ftx reinstall

Ok, well pardon if I don't address everything you said, as all of your sentences ran together, but you did inquire about whether to reinstall and let me say that it isn't necessary.  What I WOULD suggest is to head over to the ORBX forum site and express your concern there.  This is not to say your question isn't valid here, it's just that when you need the best, most informed and accurate advice, it is best to go straight to the source.  Reinstalls are a last resort, and many times can result in worse issues than when you started but if you feel you need some troubleshooting done, that's the place to be.  A ton of questions can be asked to counter what you stated previously, such as what add-ons you have right now, whether you performed any migration of the scenery, whether you encountered errors, etc.

First and foremost, did you take the time to read what is outlined in the tutorials or watch the video?  Those two should have cleared up any issues, but if you have latent issues that are preventing the scenery from displaying properly, i would submit a ticket at ORBX or just visit the forum and pose your questions.

I realize I probably haven't been much of a help, but I do know that when you have very specific questions and issues, it is best to ask the experts at ORBX.  Someone there will be able to help and they are more than willing to work with you to get things working again.