Sign in to follow this  
saed45

flyinside for xplane released

Very recommended - if you can live without HDR.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Interesting news! I don't own a VR kit yet, but perhaps some day.

That's a massive compromise.

Upside is that your fps will probably be higher and make the VR experience better? Glass half full? :D

Interesting news! I don't own a VR kit yet, but perhaps some day.

Upside is that your fps will probably be higher and make the VR experience better? Glass half full? :D

Sure but the visuals will be much worse and for VR that's the whole point; better visuals.

• Upvote 1

VR needs very high resolutions for supersampling the image. FlyInside looks good at 4K. No way you will be running HDR this way with high settings on this generation of hardware (you need locked 45FPS in the simulator). Not even to speak of XP 11's advanced rendering.

If however you can settle for non-HDR VR for now, the experience is absolutely sublime. 

• Upvote 1

-

Some first impressions. Runs smoother than P3D version.

However, several issues. I'm posting here because I have an account there but then when I register for the forum it always screws up. Just an idiot methodology of registering on the forum. I try a new user name and password and then I inevitably get an error on the user name or password. Very poor interface.

I expected more on the 64 bit version. I'm running an i7-4790 16GB with  ZOTAC1080GTXAmpextreme ed. 8GB.  Several settings on high in XP. On FInside 2368x1464, FXAA checked and 4X MSAA. Unlimited frames. Running SkyMax Pro3.

FPS is fine on payware airport roughly 24 in the air roughly 45 but either way all smooth. When I check my cpu and gpu usage they're running with lots of room  - .04, .03. So I planned a flight from LSZH to EGLL with the E175v2.

When I was in the UK (night flight) and about 30 km from my final approach, that is in the London area, all of a sudden my gpu and cpu usage went through the roof - cpu .7+ (normally .04-06) and CPU .6+ (normally .03-.05). Then it kicked me out of the VR and I just had the desktop but the framerate was so poor I couldn't get back in the VR.  I simply quit XP. Now I don't know how FInside is dealing with memory but this is an extraordinarily  bad memory leakage of some sort. 

The overhead panel on the settings noted looks nice and the glareshield fine but the avionics themselves has lots of shimmering. Any idea on lessening this?

Some apps don't get along with FInside. For example X-Life when I started it up I had a crash. JARDesign's follow me car and the Tug works fine though.

I use FSC for flight planning so I was able to import some necessary windows in the cockpit from that app.

I'll put it this way. The fact I can say the overall experience in the 16bit P3D version is better with no memory issues means this in it's current version the XP 64 bit needs a lot of tuning. I know HDR is being implemented and that will be important because it's much darker than P3D. But that memory hit was pretty jarring. Maybe it was a one off so I will have to redo.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

24 FPS on a 1080 in the lowest resolution!? You must be doing something wrong.

-

HDR support is under development, and will be added in a future update.  The plan isn't for this to be a lasting compromise.

This is good to hear that it will be in a future update. Where did you hear that this will be the case?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Lenny, haven't heard reports of memory leaks before (but they certainly may be there).  If this keeps happening could you shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com ?

This is good to hear that it will be in a future update. Where did you hear that this will be the case?

I'm founder/lead developer  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Vive on Linux support would be cool. Although I might miss this first hardware generation. Not sure, I'll try google earth in a store nearby if possible.

May well be the plane itself which caused the memory leak. I'll keep an eye on it. 

Insofar as my fps I've got those settings pretty high in XP itself. The flight though is still smooth. Remember if you're using cloud density of about 70% and it starts clouding up that's going to be a challenge.

Anyone try the MD80 by Rotate? Fantastic in VR. Simply beautiful. Right now this is the plane to use for VR flying. The overhead panel is visually beautiful in VR. Avionics are solid looking.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb