Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

November update ?

I've just downloaded what I took to be the latest update, but at 2GB had some doubts. Opening the Zip produced another 30 odd zips and investigating one of these discovered whatever it is , is dated 2013.  No where can I find a "read me" or any instructions as to the contents.  No way am I going to install any of this without clarification ,  perhaps somebody out there could provide it, or maybe ORBX could provide details for their customers. My flight sim structure is to important to install unknown downloads.

Regards

Echofox

Installed - all USA except S,Cal - Scotland

Perhaps a request to the official forums may help.  I'm not sure that ORBX monitor/respond here. Best I can offer.  Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Hi Paladin, thank you, you are probably correct, I'm having to reset my password with them, they have supposedly sent me an email but must be coming slow post, nice to know they are so efficient .

Echofox

I've just downloaded what I took to be the latest update, but at 2GB had some doubts. Opening the Zip produced another 30 odd zips and investigating one of these discovered whatever it is , is dated 2013.  No where can I find a "read me" or any instructions as to the contents.  No way am I going to install any of this without clarification ,  perhaps somebody out there could provide it, or maybe ORBX could provide details for their customers. My flight sim structure is to important to install unknown downloads.

Regards

Echofox

Installed - all USA except S,Cal - Scotland

There is a bit of "trust us" in their new approach for sure.  And I agree with the issue of flightsim structure; my preference is to have some control on things.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Where exactly did you get that update?  All updates are now done through FTX Central 3.  If you don't have FTX C 3, nothing you download is going to work or install.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123940-how-to-use-orbxdirect-and-ftxcentral-v3-a-step-by-step-guide/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124010-how-to-use-orbxdirect-and-ftxcv3-jordan-kings-video-guide/

Penzoil3

Thanks for your reply,  as I purchased most ORBX from Flightsim Store (downloads) and from Flightstore in the UK (discs), it seems necessary that I need a new Account direct which I have duly done and now await an email to verify it, which is now in the lap of the gods.  I may just forget updates and stick with what I have as I tend to fly in areas used in real flight.

Echofox

Hi Jack, thanks for the link, as it has been over 5 hours since I tried to register, no verification email in sight, I have submitted a "ticket" and await results. 

Cheers

Echofox

Thanks guys for your help, good service from ORBX, in reply to my "ticket" they validated account, hopefully all will work although some simmers do have issues, we can only try and see !

Regards

Echofox

Grant Gordon  near EGNH