Sign in to follow this  
moss1

looking for great soundset for MD-80

Guest gooper

hey all does anyone know of any great freewre sounds for the MD-80? I have tried a few of them but none of them captures th true sounds of the md-80..u know..that sort of groaning, whining soun they make as they spool up the engines for take off....lovely!!

Guest OneTinSoldier

You should list the filenames of the ones you have tried so that people will know if they're trying to tell you about one you already tried and didn't find to your liking. Of course it's also quite possible you have tried all the known MD-80 sounds available and one may not exist to suit your taste.Regards,Jim Richards

Guest OneTinSoldier

Have you tried pwjt8d.zip by Steven Persson? It's a very large file and it's pretty new. I haven't tried out yet.Jim Richards

Guest Daniel Pimentel

^ I wouldn't judge by filesize... The best soundsets I have are 6MB or around. I can't say I am too impressed when someone tosses 35-40MB of sounds in a folder when another person can do excellent work with 1/4th the size. To see what I mean, try any of Erick Cantu's soundsets (he has an excellent one for the MD-80 at flightsim.com). Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

2d the recommendation on Mr Cantu's sound set. Nice compact sound set that captures the MD unique signature sounds (IMHO). Have funDave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Download this Super 80 package from Avsim, bp_md81_finalI don't know who made the included sounds but I think this is the sound pack your looking for.I rode in an AA Super 80 last week and the sounds are spot on especially the exterior sounds. The aircraft is pretty quiet inside unless your sitting in the rear near the engines. Skully

Hello Skully, Just to let you know, I did a search for the file you posted and come up empty for some reason. Is this at AVSIM or somewhere else? I don't have the MD80 yet, but I wanted to get this file ahead of time. Best regards, Jeff

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello,'bp_md81_final.zip' is here in the Avsim library. It's in the 'Flight Simulator 2004 - Original Aircraft' section.Regards,Jim Richards

Another great soundpack is the one Christoffer Petersen have made. I beta-tested the package and is one of the best soundpack I have ever heard. (Search for dc-9-pw_jt8d-5.zip)

AIG co-admin, AIG flightplanner, AI repainter and AFCAD designer.
Signature1.jpg

Jeff, I forgot to add .zip to the end of the file name I posted. Thanks for the correction Jim.Cheers!Skully

Guest OneTinSoldier

You're welcome Skully. :) And thank you, Johan, and Dave for the heads up on more sound packages for the OP to try.Cheers

Duh...stupid me. I should know by now that file names end with .zipThanks for reminding me. Best regards, Jeff