Turbo Boost appears to be turned off. Turn it back on and ensure that the CPU is clocking to 4.6Ghz properly when benchmarking. And don't split hairs between 4.6Ghz and 4.7; we're worried about the huge deficit here and not the minor difference between 100mhz.

What huge deficit? There isn't one.

He had HT off and was comparing to results with HT ON. You may not have read all of the posts.

His OC is fine. No more tweaking required.

Stress test with RealBench and he's good to go.

No point at all messing about for miniscule gains, just to get a slightly bettet score.

Any "fine tuning" will yield pretty much nothing in terms of frame rate increase.

My advice is don't stress, relax, enjoy your new system.

We build our systems to run the sim and other apps... not achieve a few more points in a bench mark.

There isn't one.

Speak for yourself, Martin. With a 6700K (HT on) @ 4.7Ghz, I get an XTU score of 1560. Memory at 3333Mhz with timings of 14-14-14-34-2T.

Also, here's my realbench:

image editing: 228704

encoding: 189593

opencl: 103313

heavy multitasking: 181054

system score: 155003

Also, here's my realbench:

system score: 155003

And he's getting 152228  in RealBench and beats you on Image Editing. Perfectly acceptable score. Especially When RealBench generates different results each time you run it. And that's at his 4.6 rather than your 4.7. 

As for XTU... as I said, he was running with HT off, and comparing to results with HT on. 

He has zero problems and any further "tweaking" in an attempt to match your score or my score would be pointless and would yield results that are minuscule in terms of frame rate.

As Hasse said...

Bench marks like XTU, Cinbench , Rog RealBench can be tricky to get high scores be aware that Its lot of tweaks. 

Worth remembering that just because you get high scores in synthetic stress tests and benchmarks, doesn't necessarily mean it will automatically translate into significantly improved performance in the applications you run. To ensure a new system is roughly in the ballpark it should be in, fine, tuning for fun, fine.

If you happen to be someone like Westman, a competitive overclocker then it's different, and tweaking to achieve max scores are for a different purpose. But for the rest of us... not necessary at all. He can tweak here and tweak there, adjust this and fiddle with that, and nudge his benchmark sores up... but he wont be suddenly throwing his hands in the air as a result, because he's achieved flight sim Nirvana.

We are all free to do what we like though, so if he fancies tweaking for the fun of it, fair enough.

Thank you very much for the input and valuable help to this guys. :smile:  Of course I am not going to any overclocking competition so the actual score numbers themselves are not my goal. If the XTU score is not a realistic representation of performance in P3D or any other app then I don't mind. As martin said on the RealBench benchmark I get anticipated values so then I'm pretty happy with that. I would be concerned if on all tests I was getting far less. by the way when XTU is testing, one can see that the CPU is going from idle to max utilization all the time, so maybe that's why the ram speed and timings can make a difference. On flight sim the RAM is constantly feeding the CPU so maybe will not make a so big difference. My performace in P3D has sky-rocketed from my i5 3570K..and this tells me that the system did made a big difference.
I use 4.6Ghz@1.41v, HT-on, AM=87 currently. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

What kind of voltage is that by the way. Fixed, offset or adaptive.

I'm at 1.36 @ 4.6, Adaptive.

Is that the lowest your chip goes at 4.6?

It should be fixed voltage.The setting can be seen below. I didn't see any option for adaptive voltage. I revert to default BIOS settings when not flying.

Yes, XTU crashed once on 1.4v so I increased to 1.41 and it didn't. But haven't stressed tested yet, this is to be done.

161118223726.jpg

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Worth remembering that just because you get high scores in synthetic stress tests and benchmarks, doesn't necessarily mean it will automatically translate into significantly improved performance in the applications you run.

Yeah, no crap Martin. That's the first rule in benchmarking club.

Ah well, glad I could help. What do I know anyway?

Hello westman! 

4.7 Ghz @ 1.25v on air cooler and 55 C? Simply amazing! I need 1.41v for 4.6Ghz on a water cooler (H100i) ! 

I see 7 utilization cores, so I suppose its with HT-On! Is there any trick to decrease the vcc requirement or just silicon lottery? 

4.7 Ghz @ 1.25v on air cooler and 55 C? Simply amazing! I need 1.41v for 4.6Ghz on a water cooler (H100i) ! 

The D15S beats the H100i actually. But I won't irritate people by blabbering on about that again.  :smile:

Is there any trick to decrease the vcc requirement or just silicon lottery? 

Hasse has a top-notch chip. I think he said it was delidded too.