Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

If there ever is a Lear 35A - 2.8...

However, I personally preferred my old FSUIPC setup because it allowed me to use SPOILERS_OFF and SPOILERS_ON separately on a two way switch. No I can only toggle the spoilers - seems less realistic to me.

To each his own, I guess.  :smile:  In my view, there is only one switch in the Lear for the spoilers, so I prefer to only use one key or button as well.

The L35A ver2.8 update is working great for me so far. And I like the way the a/c handles, it seems to have a nice 'solid' feel.

Al

All right, 

I went to FSUIPC and used the list in the Manual, this is the complete list:

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY1 = HDG
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY2 = 1/2 BNK
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY3 = NAV
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4 = BC
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY5 = LVL
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY6 = TST
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY7 = ENG
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY8 = SFT
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY9 = SPD
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY10 = V/S
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY11 = GS
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY12 = ALTSEL
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY1 = ALTHLD  
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = Steer Lock On
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = Steer Lock Off
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY4 = Yaw Damper Primary (Power mode must be on.)
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY5 = Yaw Damper Secondary (Power mode must be on.)
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 =  Spoiler Switch (Default switch is disabled. There is no arming as well.)

The instructions is:

Go to FSUIPC and change the original assingment and select for your joystick Spoiler´s button a new mapping:   G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6      and for TailHook use -->   G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = Steer Lock On     &     G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = Steer Lock Off 
(Remember to use "Profile Specific Option for the LJ35A Only).

Bit confusing....    May i ask why this new feature?   What is the advantage of it?   :fool:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Hi Raphael,

I would guess it's to give those customers who don't own a "paid" version of FSUIPC the ability to have button control... So for those of us who have a paid version of FSUIPC - the change really doesn't buy us anything we didn't already have... Of course we still need to setup the new mappings...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Raphael,

To clarify (I hope):

- To use the G1000 softkey mappings, FSUIPC is not required. Using FSUIPC is just an option that provides some additional flexibility.

- The G1000 softkey mappings are provided as an alternative to having to use the mouse, which is often inconvenient, for the associated a/c functions.  These mappings provide the same functionality as using Lua scripts but offer the advantage of not requiring a paid version of FSUIPC. If you happen to be using Lua scripts you can stay with them, or switch to the G1000 softkey mappings -- your call. In either case, using the mouse should still also work for these functions.

Al

• Upvote 1

Oh No!!!!  What has 2.8 done to the beautiful cockpit lighting.!? Now only the flood is dimmable  -  the INSTR and EL PNL lights are either on or off. Can anybody else confirm that this is the case?

It's way too bright for comfortable night flying. I presume they've done this to save VAS, but it's a big mistake in my opinion: one of the plane's outstanding features was the fully dimmable cockpit lighting. Really disappointing.

Paul

• Upvote 1

FlightSim Store still doesn't have it...grrr!

Thrust setting on the TFE - 731 is always N1 or "Fan" speed as it is labeled on the LR35.  The LR35 was one of the first, if not the first, aircraft with the 731 engine installed.  Lear went off on their own by naming N1 speed "Fan" and N2 "Turbine", which the corrected in the Lear 55, which basically a larger Lear 35.

Takeoff thrust is set using N1.  MCT thrust is also set using N1.  Maximum cruise thrust is maintained by not exceeding the limits published in the cruise control charts.  For example, a 17,000 lbs. airplane at ISA+10, and FL410 may only be able to achieve a maximum cruise Mach of 0.79 instead MMO.  That doesn't mean the airplane and the engine cannot get to MMO; however, in doing so the pilot is exceeding maximum cruise thrust.  Garrett (now Honeywell) reminded operators that while maximum cruise thrust was not a FAA Limitation, like takeoff thrust and MCT, they considered it a limitation with respect to warranty and Maintenance Service Program (MSP) contract costs. 

Setting MCT thrust during the climb was a labor intensive adventure requiring the pilots to look up the relevant N1 for OAT and altitude roughly every 5000' to up to cruise altitude.  Somewhere along the way, Learjet and pilots began using the practice of setting the ITT to 795 C and maintaining that that throughout the climb.  For an "in service" engine that generally kept you below the MCT N1 limit.  However, if your engine was new or just out of hot section inspection, it was often that the engine ran cooler and that using 795 C ITT as a target would exceed MCT published N1 limit, which is a FAA operating limitation.  The USAF actually incorporated the technique of setting 795 C ITT during the climb as an established procedure since they could in essence re-write the book for their C-21 versions.

If they my engines, I would always have the target N1 MCT known for initial climb and set the lower of 795 C or the N1.

Hope this helps,

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Oh No!!!!  What has 2.8 done to the beautiful cockpit lighting.!? Now only the flood is dimmable  -  the INSTR and EL PNL lights are either on or off. Can anybody else confirm that this is the case?

It's way too bright for comfortable night flying. I presume they've done this to save VAS, but it's a big mistake in my opinion: one of the plane's outstanding features was the fully dimmable cockpit lighting. Really disappointing.

Paul

Looks like they integrated the VAS patch into 2.8. Really helps the VAS, adds 300 MB to my P3dv3.4hf2.

Look on the bright side, at least FSW don't tell us to chop our graphics settings in half to accommodate their simulation! Seemingly its only a $140 Airbus that requires that! LOL!

Cheers,

David

Hi Folks,

I'm in the middle of a complete OS rebuild - so I haven't had a chance to try it... Think I'll miss the dimmable lighting - I used it often... I bought from the FSS too - I thought I received an email on the update ? I'll have to check...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

I've written to FSW asking if they would give us a reverse version of the previous VAS patch. That is, a patch that would restore the fully dimmable cockpit lighting for those of us who are prepared to sacrifice some memory. That way, users would have a choice. I personally never had any VAS problems with 2.7.

They were very responsive when I contacted them over a problem I was having over key assignments. They're a great developer, and I really like this little jet, but not being able to fly it at night will cut my enjoyment precisely in half.

Paul

Raphael,

To clarify (I hope):

- To use the G1000 softkey mappings, FSUIPC is not required. Using FSUIPC is just an option that provides some additional flexibility.

- The G1000 softkey mappings are provided as an alternative to having to use the mouse, which is often inconvenient, for the associated a/c functions.  These mappings provide the same functionality as using Lua scripts but offer the advantage of not requiring a paid version of FSUIPC. If you happen to be using Lua scripts you can stay with them, or switch to the G1000 softkey mappings -- your call. In either case, using the mouse should still also work for these functions.

Al

Hi Raphael,

I would guess it's to give those customers who don't own a "paid" version of FSUIPC the ability to have button control... So for those of us who have a paid version of FSUIPC - the change really doesn't buy us anything we didn't already have... Of course we still need to setup the new mappings...

Regards,

Scott

Wow, very important update then, so no one without paid FSUIPC could use it or very difficult setup required before V2.8 ?  :nea:  .... in any case this is very very rare to me :fool: , i mean, not seen same case for other payware around, may be because always used paid FSUIPC?    Well....  

Thanks Al/Scott for your kind workds.... :wink:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

How much more VAS does the plane consume with the fully dimmable cockpit lighting? Anyone have a figure or so to hand?

A

How much more VAS does the plane consume with the fully dimmable cockpit lighting? Anyone have a figure or so to hand?

A

For me, the dimmer patch trimmed 371 Mb off the Lear footprint in P3D v3.4.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

As far as I remember the difference in VAS is around 2 or 300 MB in FSX.

I also went a step further and resized all cockpit textures to 1024² px to make sure that VAS use stays as low as possible.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days