Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdCanada

FS9 RAAS Pro Unlocked. Switch Airplanes RAAS wont turn on

After reading the manual and perusing the support forum for solutions I feel I should post this issue as it has only RECENTLY become a factor (within the last month). While flying around in various aircraft I've noticed occasionally RAAS will shut itself off and then I cannot re-activate it without restarting FS9 completely. The latest occurence was related to switching from one A320 model (Project Airbus) to another A320 model (SMS Overland). I also noticed this occuring from switching from the SMS A320 to a Project Opensky 747-200F .... It's really odd. The menu shows the on/off button in the OFF position. When I select ON and click save/exit everything looks normal. If I re-open RAAS menu the button is OFF again. I can't save new profiles, switch profiles either. It's like the program has become locked (OFF) ... If I exit FS9 and restart RAAS seems fine again. I cannot lock down any consistencies other than possibly a conflict with the SMS Overland A320 model (how would this be possible?) Does RAAS interact with gauges from the panels that could cause a conflict?

Long time user of RAAS Pro Unlocked and never had this occur before. I also tried (for 1st time) activating the API thing with no effect. Switching aircraft has no effect on RAAS as it still wont turn on. A restart is the only solution at this point. ANY SUGGESTIONS? IDEAS? INSIGHT?

Many thanks.

Ryan Scott Clifford

Windows 10 Pro

MS Flight Simulator 9.1

16Gb RAM

AMD-FX-6100 Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does RAAS interact with gauges from the panels that could cause a conflict?

Nope, but switching aircraft back and forth can possible cause load issues in general, sometimes.

What's interesting is that it just started happening to you recently.

Try turning off the API option to control the master.

Tried with API off.... no effect. Additionally if I open RAAS menu and make absolutely no changes; click on the close "x" button it always asks if I want to save changes.... Not sure if that is by default or if that is a clue.

Why do you think it only started happening recently?

What did you change?

Maybe trying re-installing RAAS?

I suppose it would not be accurate to claim it only happened recently. This is the first time in years I've noticed it not working with an aircraft I know is configured with an active profile. Since however I do know I have not made any changes to FS to my knowledge. Windows 10 updates, video driver updates are among activity. Livery installations and panel editing would be the extent of my FS dabbling. Occasional scenery installations (freeware basic stuff). Makerwys works flawlessly to add the  airports to RAAS.

After I finish this leg (SriLankan flight from VCBI-VECC A320) I will shutdown FS and restart and begin noting all the activity that leads to the next failure of RAAS. It seems to work perfectly for the 1st aircraft for sure. I'll run tests. So this is what is in the RAAS.ini file:

[RAASPRO]
SceneryID=
DEFAULTProfile=GA
FS9SceneryID=0
NoAutoUpdatesCheck=0
AudioOutputDevice=0
EnableKeyEventAPI=0

Look normal? The default profile is a GA (General) that I use for aircraft without RAAS capability so all features are unchecked.

Thanks
Scott

Seems okay... but I think your problem may just be from loading RAAS multiple different times without exiting FS.

FS can be a tricky beast, and sometimes a clean shutdown is the way to go rather than switching back and forth between aircraft (especially any 3rd party complex ones).

Agreed. Just to add to the mystery. Rather than exit as planned I decided to fly one more leg. Switched from the A320 to the A319 (same SMS Overland brand so even same panel) and voila - the A319 RAAS profile is active and working. I'll just make do. RAAS isnt the most vital immersive product necessary to fly but, it worked beautifully and runs perfectly when it is on.

Just hoping to find a workaround since re-loading the sim takes about 15+ minutes (lots of aircraft and scenery haha)