Sign in to follow this  
johnnycrockett

FSX:SE Exit 'Release'

Hi guys,

Firstly, just wanted to say that I was pretty hesitant about purchasing this program considering the cost. After using it I'm really glad I've got it, has completely changed how I use the camera system. Getting around the VC is much easier and fast and being able to use the camera like an avatar is great! Well worth it so far....

I have an issue and also a suggestion;

Issue - when exiting FSXSE, I've noticed that steam doesn't recognise that the game has closed if there are still apps attached to it if that makes sense. E.g. Say you have a crash and then go to restart FSXSE, Steam won't start it because it believes it is still running. If you open task manager you can close AIcarriers and then Steam recognises FSXSE as closed then will allow it to restart. This is pretty rare however now that I have chaseplane installed, if I end a flight and exit FSXSE normally, I'm not able to restart FSXSE until I use task manager to close ChasePlane (even after closing it from the taskbar). Hopefully this makes sense!

Also, a suggestion - I think some may have mentioned it before but I think an 'offline' mode is a must have. We lost the internet here for 6 hours the other day (rare) but because of this I couldn't run ChasePlane. Perhaps upon startup if a connection isn't detected, give the program the option to run offline?

Thanks again for a great product so far!

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Interesting issue with ChasePlane and :SE... I will investigate on the subject.

For offline mode... we plan on having an Offline mode in the future but it isn't planned for the Alpha program.

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Interesting issue with ChasePlane and :SE... I will investigate on the subject.

For offline mode... we plan on having an Offline mode in the future but it isn't planned for the Alpha program.

Best Regards,

Keven

Thanks for the update Keven!

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Thanks for clarifying, Keven.