Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

External view oddity - 747

Hi,

First of all, no - I am not talking about a supposed flaw in the new 747 product being produced by PMDG. I have a question related to the old one that is also related to the new one. I recall a couple of years ago a post in which a member of this forum pointed out a visual oddity in the cockpit windows when seen from the spot view. I'm sure if you've read that post you'll know what I mean, but I haven't been able to find it to link to it. I was wondering if that oddity has been fixed in the new product, because if I recall correctly, it wasn't an easy fix and I don't think it ever was fix (not that I minded).

I was wondering if that oddity has been fixed in the new product, because if I recall correctly, it wasn't an easy fix and I don't think it ever was fix (not that I minded).

It was fixed prior to being raised. Versioning issue between the 400 and 400F.

Not sure what the latter part is all about. Difficulty was never addressed in the earlier thread, and we (I, actually) posted in the original thread where he brought it up (prior to making it its own thread) that it was a versioning issue (i.e. "already fixed"). While I don't have any issue with being curious about a fix, please do keep in mind that we have an entire beta team and tech team with a lot more access to the product than anyone here. That in mind, it's probably already fixed, if not at least already reported. I get that pointing stuff out makes people feel a bit more involved, but its rare that stuff in the forum sneaks by the beta team, even if it's in a picture that gets posted. Best to avoid adding (incorrect) information you're unsure of on top of that.

As always:

Preview shots are of beta software, that may or may not have unresolved issues shown. The product is still in development and things are still being addressed. It's the nature of beta testing.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, I just want to clarify that I was referring to the older version of the 747, not the one currently being worked on. I was talking about the wierd visual glitch where when you loked at the cockpit windows in spot view from a certain angle, you could see something weird. I can't remember the details - I think it was some weird geometrical one-off thing that popped up. Not a big thing but I was just curious about if it had been fixed or if a way had been found to not have it show up in the newest incarnation of PMDG's 747, that's all.

Seriously???.. a spot in the cockpit window???... who cares. It's probably bird poop!!!... I'm not concerned about that, I just want to fly the plane already!!!! 😊😊

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg