Sign in to follow this  
lipy

F-4E "ready to flay"

Hello,
In the Milviz menu manager of F-4E, when I select "ready to fly", in fsx I am always in cold and dark.
Back in the menu manager, the "ready to fly" option is no longer selected.
I forget to do something?

Cordially.

Did you save the state?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi,

No, how do you do that?
I do not see any option "save".

I just select and closed.
But all my assignments for hotas are fntional, that's just this option the problem.

You'll have to post in the support forum... Sorry.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Unfortunately, those states (c&d, ready to fly) don't work correctly in any of my Milviz addons. You might better save the states yourself and load a saved configuration. But this doesn't always work either.

Besides, why should it not be possible to ask such question and get an answer here in this "Milviz Support Forum"?

Felix

Thanks for your answer Flyfox. :smile:
How to save a configuration please, I am not very experienced ...

@Flyfox please do not post misinformation. The cold and dark and ready to fly states do work in our addons provided that a: the default flight is configured properly (default Cessna/F-22 with engines running and avionics/electrics on) and b: there are no permissions issues with the sim or the config manager (ie running as admin, UAC off etc). And when things do not work, you will find us quite helpful in working to resolve the problem, whether it is on your system or a bug in our code, if you visit our official support forum for that particular product.

The reason more detailed questions like this don't get answered here is so that those who haven't yet found out about our Support policies may be directed to them. We don't give support to pirates and as such we have to first verify that the person asking for support is a genuine customer.

@lipy I answered your first post on this issue on our forums after moving the topic to the F-4E support forum. I left a shadow topic in place so you should be able to find your way there. If you cannot access it, follow the directions in the manual for getting access to that support forum and you will be in.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Issue resolved in administrator mode. :dance:
Narutokun,I understand your policy. :wink:

Besides, why should it not be possible to ask such question and get an answer here in this "Milviz Support Forum"?

Please read the second paragraph of post #7 above for the precise answer to your question.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

@Flyfox please do not post misinformation. The cold and dark and ready to fly states do work in our addons provided that a: the default flight is configured properly (default Cessna/F-22 with engines running and avionics/electrics on) and b: there are no permissions issues with the sim or the config manager (ie running as admin, UAC off etc). And when things do not work, you will find us quite helpful in working to resolve the problem, whether it is on your system or a bug in our code, if you visit our official support forum for that particular product.

The reason more detailed questions like this don't get answered here is so that those who haven't yet found out about our Support policies may be directed to them. We don't give support to pirates and as such we have to first verify that the person asking for support is a genuine customer.

Narutokun, thanks a lot for these detailed instructions and sorry for any misinformation. A pity Milviz does not include such important info in their operating manual. But please accept a little comment: Just imagine you buy a car, e.g. a Jeep Cherokee 2014. Unfortunately, you are unable to start its engine. The car-seller then tells you that before starting the engine you always have to quickly sit in an old Chevrolet model 1975 with its engine and radio running, before you are able to start the engine of your own car....

I understand your reason, but it rises the question which topics should be discussed on this forum and which shouldn't.

Please read the second paragraph of post #7 above for the precise answer to your question.

Thanks for the hint. But wouldn't it be more suitable to remove the word "Support" from this particular forum? "The MILVIZ Forum" might suit better.

• Upvote 1

Felix

Just imagine you buy a car, e.g. a Jeep Cherokee 2014. Unfortunately, you are unable to start its engine. The car-seller then tells you that before starting the engine you always have to quickly sit in an old Chevrolet model 1975 with its engine and radio running, before you are able to start the engine of your own car....

I understand your reason, but it rises the question which topics should be discussed on this forum and which shouldn't.

I am sorely misunderstood :). When I am referring to the default flight, I am referring to what comes up on the free flight screen before you click fly now. The aircraft's systems are configured by then already and you should be able to select the F-4 right from there and click fly now and it will work fine. It is when people start messing around with the default flight, using other aircraft or such (ie custom default flights) that things become messy.

Questions can be asked here. If, at our discretion, they are not fit to be dealt with here, but the user doesn't know of our other support forums or doesn't have access to them, we will say so and provide directions for getting set up.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I am sorely misunderstood :). When I am referring to the default flight, I am referring to what comes up on the free flight screen before you click fly now. The aircraft's systems are configured by then already and you should be able to select the F-4 right from there and click fly now and it will work fine. It is when people start messing around with the default flight, using other aircraft or such (ie custom default flights) that things become messy.

Jonathan, please don't take my comparison too serious :wink: .

I absolutely understand your standpoint, but I am pretty sure that the majority of serious simmers does NOT use this default flight. Who wants to have almost every aircraft loaded with running engine? We all want to have the simulation as realistic as possible. Much more suitable would be, from my point-of-view, to use the c&d state instead. Or, as other addon makers prove, make the state of the loaded aircraft completely independent of the default state.

And yes, although a bit awkward, your instructions for the startup work properly for my Milviz 407 and the 530! Thank you.

Felix