Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Berlin Brandenburg in P3Dv3.4 issues (EDDB)

All though there is dedicated installers for P3Dv3 and the support over at Aerosoft has closed the case of issues i rather ask you if you have got this airport to work ?

I have disabled everything from ORBX/UTX/VECTOR related to EDDB and yet this is how it looks.

Sometimes the buildings also is missing

It seems rather a dead airport with no ground movement and yet the installer is around  5GB

Thanks

Apreciated

Would also like to know if you have any AI at the gates as well

Michael Moe

Prepar3_D_2016_11_19_13_59_53_20.jpg

Prepar3_D_2016_11_19_14_02_58_29.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It looks like you have to "Modify Status Of Repositioned Airports" in the UTX Europe setup tool.

EDDB is on that list, disable it. Or go to Scenery/World/Scenery and delete or rename UTX_EDDB_EUR.BGL

Rune B.

Thanks. it helped even if UTX was not activated.

What about the dead airport and disapearing terminals? Reloading the scenery helped but what about arriving at this?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

It may be the AerosoftAFD entry which should be above the Mega Airport Berlin entry in your Scenery.cfg

Rune B.

Of course the Airport is dead. It has still not opened. ;)

• Upvote 1

What about the dead airport

Hello Michael,

A little explanation, bear with me.

The old Berlin Schonefeld Airport (basically the the north side of the airport and runway 7L/25R) uses the airport code of EDDB. The new Berlin Brandenburg airport, when opened, will take over the the airport code of EDDB. Since the new airport is not yet opened the Aerosoft scenery actually comprises TWO airports. The old and the new and you can activate them thru the scenery configuration. Since the scenery has TWO airports they must have DIFFERENT airport codes. Aerosoft uses EDDB and then created a fictional EDDB2 for the new Berlin Brandenburg. AI trafffic in FSX/P3D uses these codes to configure the flightplans for AI traffic.

The reason the new Berlin Brandenburg airport seems dead is that it uses the EDDB2 code and FSX/P3D cannot understand this code. It only understands 4 character codes. Thus in the default FSX/P3D (and AI addon programs) AI traffic file no traffic uses EDDB2 so no traffic goes to the new Berlin Brandenburg airport.

To overcome this, it can be a little tricky, I used ADE to create ONE airport for the whole scenery and used the EDDB code. Now AI traffic uses the whole airport and will park in both the new and old terminals.

It you would like some help with this just send a PM.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

2016-11-19_9-49-4-84_zpsqal23osv.png

2016-11-19_9-46-50-487_zpsb3tdq8d4.png

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Hi Mike,

EDDB is still WIP and it seems there is no end inside :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks but i still have missing terminals some times.

If you have a afcad file for the whole airport i will aprecitate it

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks but i still have missing terminals some times.

If you have a afcad file for the whole airport i will aprecitate it

Thanks Michael Moe

I'm stumped on why the buildings are disappearing. If you send me a PM, with your email, I'll send you the AFCAD and instructions.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Forgive the holy thread resurrection batman but is there any way to send all my AI to Schonefeld and not Brandenburg? With a mix of UTL and AIG I’m seeing lots of full gates over at Brandenburg but perhaps one lonely Norwegian aircraft over at the Schonefeld side. In real life the new airport is dead so that’s how I’d like to represent it now. Anyone got any ideas? 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

4 minutes ago, Airline2Sim said:

Forgive the holy thread resurrection batman but is there any way to send all my AI to Schonefeld and not Brandenburg? With a mix of UTL and AIG I’m seeing lots of full gates over at Brandenburg but perhaps one lonely Norwegian aircraft over at the Schonefeld side. In real life the new airport is dead so that’s how I’d like to represent it now. Anyone got any ideas? 

This AFD should work:

https://jcai.dk/2018/04/aerosoft-berlin-schonefeld-airport/

• Upvote 1