Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

What's so difficult about deicing?Dick Ebersol plane crash

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Here in the states it has been all over the news about the plane crash in Colorado that has taken the life of Mr.Ebersols young son. From published reports they are sayingthat the pilot chose not to de-ice tha plane. There was a snowstorm that day. They say it is left up to the pilot to de-ice. What do you think? S.

It's also being reported though that the plane never left the ground though and careened off the runway and through a fence. I supposed an immediately stall related to icing could have looked like that to an untrained observer though.The FO survived the crash - if he pulls through we'll probably know precisely what happened quickly...Thread should be in Hangar Chat btw...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest bobsk8

I think they said that other flights that left the same airport did de-ice before they left. There was also a crash last year on the same type aircraft, on take-off, due to icing.

Guest macman4

What kind of aircraft was it?

Guest Camsdad

I think this has no business posted here on this forum not do I think we should be playing armchair quarterback in a fatal plane crash.It was real life not FS COF! People please respect them and God rest their souls. JMO

Guest ThrottleUp

It was a Challenger

Guest Wichita

>I think this has no business posted here on this forum not do>I think we should be playing armchair quarterback in a fatal>plane crash.It was real life not FS CFO! People please respect>them and God rest their souls. >JMOWell...maybe its in the wrong forum but what's the problem with discussing the possibilities of a plane crash? This isn't a formal board with any kind of consequences,its just simmers discussing a crash.I was bashed at FS.com over a Cessna Centurion crash that happened here last summer. It was pretty obvious that the pilot completely ran the aircraft out of fuel when he had to set down three miles short of the airport--no fire,nothing and he was blaming fuel gauges.With full tanks he could have made it from his origination point to Wichita and back,yet he ran out before he even got here with almost calm winds. It wouldn't have been so bad if he was only risking his life but he had his family on board also. So,when the final NTSB report came out a few months later,whatda you know,they found his fuel tanks were bone dry. Sometimes the obvious is pretty obvious even to armchair FS pilots.David

Guest rog74

>>Well...maybe its in the wrong forum but what's the problem>with discussing the possibilities of a plane crash? This isn't>a formal board with any kind of consequences,its just simmers>discussing a crash.>>David>1. Pointless speculation, as none here are privy to the intimate details of the incident.2. In general, you might consider it to be in poor taste.

Guest panda234

Speculation in and of itself is prolly ok. But you cross the line when your speculation places blame squarely on someone who can't defend themselves and before even a preliminary investigation is done. For all you know the pilot's son could be a member of these boards. Grow up and have some consideration for others.rgds,billg