Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Walkaround by Chaseplane?

I can move around every aircraft in an outside camera preset of course. Using an XBox-like gamecontroller this works quite convenient (as long as the aircraft isn't a taildragger but that will be fixed soon hopefully) and that alone made Chaseplane a gamechanger for me.

Nevertheless I tried to setup a walkaround camera sequence with Chaseplane so I could just relax and watch the walkaround switching from one preset to another. But I ran into several problems (e.g. proper transition speed between presets; how to exclude the walkaround presets from outside views I like to cycle through during flight but still be able to cycle through them on the ground).

Finally I realized that it would be a lot of work to manually set up such a walkaround sequence for every single aircraft I use.

So I thought wouldn't it be possible that Chaseplane does that automatically? Maybe as an addition to the cinematic mode a "walkaround mode" where Chaseplane automatically moves the camera around the relevant spots of the aircraft. Since Chaseplane seems to be able to read the aircraft geometry ("blast area") I imagine it might be possible.

Regards

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

You can exclude presets from the view cycle (Camera > Advanced > Skip in cycle)

ChasePlane knows where the engines are but that's about it. We can get more info about the aircraft in the cfg file but nothing that could help us at automating a walkaround camera. We have had internal discussions about a possible walkaround system but it's far down our priority list right

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Understood.

I know about the skip-in-cycle-option. Problem is how can I cycle through the walkaround presets then when on the ground? I would have to assign a different key/button to every single preset and would run out of buttons sooner or later.

What would be helpful was an option to assign the same key/button to all these walkaround presets and just use this key/button to cycle through them.

I suggested that earlier and also would appreciate that for example for presets like "look left forward" and "look left rear" to save keys/buttons.

Do you plan to implement that in the Alpha phase?

Ground-exclusive presets requires some thoughts but it is certainly doable, I added it to the list.

"look-somewhere" assignments also added to the list.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you!

Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood:

I meant the possibility to assign the same key/button to multiple presets in a way that pressing that key/button would cycle through these presets (I used OpusFSI before and it is possible there. For example I assigned one button to let me look left forward on the first press and left rear on the second press).

I imagine that even easier to implement than ground-exclusive presets.

Ralf