Sign in to follow this  
doublem

Question about glideslope in LJ35A

In the Learjet 35A I have trouble with the red "GS" label covering the G/S indicator of the HSI.

The actual localizer + G/S is working and I can land with full ILS.

The problem is that the read "GS" label (mechanical cover) is always present and I can't see if I am at, below or above the glide slope. Both NAV and GS are in CAP-mode in the autopilot. 

I have probably some switch in the wrong position but I cant find which one.

I have probably some switch in the wrong position but I cant find which one.

My guess would be you have the GPS/VLOC switch in the wrong position. Make sure your GPS unit, whichever one you are using, is in the VLOC navigation mode, not the GPS mode, if you are doing an ILS approach. For a VNAV approach, however, the GPS should be in the GPS navigation mode.

The GPS/VLOC switch (button/click spot) is on the GPS unit itself, typically along the bottom of the unit.

Al

Thanks for your reply,

I will double-check this later today. The fact that the whole ILS landing is working (ie the aircraft is following the localizer and the glideslope) may have fooled me to look in the wrong places...

Off topic:

(Are you the "Al with the wonderful lua scripts for the A/P ? :smile: Cited from another forum thread.)

Are those available someware. I have the A/P working under SPAD.neXt, but I have some trouble with V/S and SPD. They *seams* to work because they lit up the corresponding function on the A/P but the actual speed-lock (or vertical speed-lock) is not done in the aircraft when selecting from the physical buttons. If i select the function in V/C it is working. Strange...

Best regards

Doublem,

PM me an email address and I will be glad to send you the L35 Lua scripts.

Al

My guess would be you have the GPS/VLOC switch in the wrong position. Make sure your GPS unit, whichever one you are using, is in the VLOC navigation mode, not the GPS mode, if you are doing an ILS approach. For a VNAV approach, however, the GPS should be in the GPS navigation mode.

The GPS/VLOC switch (button/click spot) is on the GPS unit itself, typically along the bottom of the unit.

Al

OK. The mode *was* in VLOC-mode in the GPS.

But I had set the ILS-frequency in the  COM-unit between the chairs (next to "steer lock" et al). The ILS-worked but...

When I entered the ILS-frequency in the NAV in the GPS unit (the default GPS unit) everything worked!!! I could now see G/S deviance!

But the next question is: Can I use the COM between the chairs and *not* use the GPS one and have full ILS functionality? I usually fly the LJ35A with iFMS (http://www.ifms-fs.com) and does not really use the GPS.

(and thanks Al for the LUA-scripts)

Best regards

Doublem,

The radios between the seats are COM2, NAV2, ADF1 and ADF2. COM1 and NAV1 are in the GPS. The ILS frequency has to be in a NAV (not COM) radio, or perhaps in iFMC  (of which I know nothing -- never heard of it).

Al

I did mean NAV-radio when I wrote COM. My goof...

Ok, now everything is working when using NAV1 instead of NAV2 and I guess this is by design. I can live with this.

iFMS. I use this with great success in several aircrafts and now mostly in LJ35A. It replicates a FMC and control the aircraft by managing the autopilot according to flightplan. It can do LNAV, VNAV, hold patterns, SID/STAR, Navigraph/AIRAC. Multiple tablets/phones can be used for FMC, PDF, AICAS, ...

And I like the fact that it is running on an tablet besides my chair. This adds to the realism.