Sign in to follow this  
Great Ozzie

Tabitha May

AOPA Pilot - December 2016

Sharp looking crew, gorgeous looking airplane - inside and out. Nice article too.

Fires the imagination - dreams of being type rated etc.

Here's to PMDG's continued success and that Tabitha May will have many years ahead as an ambassador "inspiring a new generation's interest in aviation."

-Rob Osborne

That was a really nice article indeed!

cheers to PMDG and the Tabitha May!

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

I'm really hoping PMDG decides to do the DC-3 (if they haven't started already  :ph34r:) .  With the easy access to one and how much love they (and any true aviation fans) have for it it would seem to make sense.

I'd think they could also drum up a bunch of new customers anywhere she goes by telling people they could fly her on their PC.

Brian W

KPAE

... especially with the modern avionics they have in the panel  :smile:

Bert

I think there are a couple of near PMDG models now.  One other problem is volume as many of the people who buy PMDG are VA pilots who like to have something that flies current route.  It is a beautiful plane though in all ways and all credit to RR for keeping this beauty alive.

Harry Woodrow

Should there be a link anywhere there?

Sorry, I tried finding something before posting - only thing that I was aware of would have been AOPA's Online Pilot (via subscription). Maybe Rob (RSR) could put someone (Kyle   :Tounge: ) on asking AOPA for a .pdf of the article.

@BrianW - thanks for posting the AOPA Live link.

... especially with the modern avionics they have in the panel :smile:

Big fan here of updating panels. Cool that wx radar - and a radar altimeter too?

Big fan here of updating panels. Cool that wx radar - and a radar altimeter too?

Radar is INOP. We just use the Nexrad very conservatively. If it's ugly, we just stay on the ground.

We run into all kinds of people. Some of them scoff at the idea of updating an older aircraft with modern stuff, but when you're around the airspace of DC, the moving map and ADS-B are more than worth their weight in gold.

Kyle Rodgers

Radar is INOP. We just use the Nexrad very conservatively. If it's ugly, we just stay on the ground.

Can't comment on the use of radar (ground based or onboard) as I never have used it inflight - only wished for it. All my thunderstorm avoidance was done either visually, or as you say, staying on the ground.

We run into all kinds of people. Some of them scoff at the idea of updating an older aircraft with modern stuff, but when you're around the airspace of DC, the moving map and ADS-B are more than worth their weight in gold.

I understand the desire to keep things "original" but I wonder how many of the scoffers are actually doing the flying. Yes, KHEF inside some very serious airspace and the penalty for screwing up makes that a logical comparison (more than worth their weight in gold).

She's a beaut! Enough screenshots of the 744, more real photos of the DC-3!

If you're users of the Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ClipperTabithaMay/

(you should still be able to read even if you don't have an account btw)

If the twitter is your thing:

https://twitter.com/clippertabbymay

...and if you have any questions, ask away. I'm full of random facts about the plane from bringing it to airshows and answering questions all day.

Oh, and watch out for the one-bar (Radio/Nav, aka "autopilot")...he's a shady character.

Kyle Rodgers

How'd PanAm have the flight deck set up, did they keep the Navigator and RO stations from the USAAF days?