Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Southern BC

This Piper Comanche PA24-180, registered C-FBPU, was built in 1961 and imported to Canada in 1972. The current owners purchased it in 1993 and have hangered it at Nelson BC since. The aircraft was involved in an inadvertent landing gear retraction prior to takeoff at the Trail BC airport in June 2004. [A2A pilots will sheepishly recognize the problem.] Brought home to Nelson, it was rebuilt, repainted, and restored to "0 time" status by the end of 2005. Since then C-FBPU has made many short, medium and long range trips.  The proud owners report, "It is a joy to fly and we believe one of the best examples of the Comanche in Canada."

CZNL_Comanche_Circling.jpg

From the local Nelson Pilots Association, on Training and Education:

Air Cadets, Young Eagles, student pilots all come alive when they walk through the doors at our local airport. Their eyes sparkle, their voices raise, and their smiles widen. They are energized by the anticipation of another flight. Their friends would see them as different people when they are at the airport. The excitement is well founded. Few activities teach their participants to combine knowledge, skill, experience, coordination, logic, initiative and common sense to succeed in a three-dimensional environment. Learning to fly is like climbing a mini Mt. Everest. Few activities match aviation’s challenge to learn and to accomplish. Nelson’s community airport is often their first exposure to aviation, the pilots of the future will be from among their ranks.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

For those of us who have the navigational skills of a.. a.. a non-navigational skills person, HERE is a plug 'n' play version.  :smile:

EDIT: If I haven't mastered Dropbox, HERE is one I have!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks Ron, you mastered Dropbox perfectly!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

At the conclusion of today's flight; our Comanches watching the last light on the Rocky Mountains - which is where we'll be heading next week.

Left to right: Ron, Mike, Nick, Jeff, Bert, Gunter and Josh.

Sat26112016.jpg?dl=0

My chums were given a special treat this week...My microphone didn't work!  :Hmmmph:  That was the good news.

The bad news is...I got it working again! :yahoo:

I was about to pull the trigger on a new headset when I thought I'd give Google another chance to come good. It did. Uninstall and reinstall drivers. Done. :unknw:

Anyway, it was a very nice flight, weather was picturesque as was the scenery.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.