Sign in to follow this  
jacobmulder

Re-Activating registration key for 737 NGX

How do I go about having the registration key re-activated for my PMDG 737 NGX program as I have purchased a new computer, the program has been used more than 3 times in my old computer.

Regards.

Jacob

How do I go about having the registration key re-activated for my PMDG 737 NGX program as I have purchased a new computer, the program has been used more than 3 times in my old computer.

Release the key from the old computer using the method described in the intro manual.

Install and activate on the new computer.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle.

By the intro manual you mean the introduction manual, could you let me know in which section as I have just read through this and I can only find in section 0.003 Copyright and License but no method of releasing the key from my old computer, or am I looking at the wrong manual.

Jacob

or am I looking at the wrong manual.

See the bottom of page 13 of the NGX Introduction Manual.

By the intro manual you mean the introduction manual, could you let me know in which section as I have just read through this and I can only find in section 0.003 Copyright and License but no method of releasing the key from my old computer, or am I looking at the wrong manual.

If it's not at the bottom of Page 13, then you have an old version. Install the update by downloading it from your account with us (uninstall the old version first). This will give you both the latest Intro Manual, and the license return function in the NGX.

Then, see post #2.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle.

Checked page 13 of the introduction manual that comes with the 737  NGX boxed version, and there was nothing there so I downloaded the latest introduction Manual from the PMDG website but also there, no mention of the procedure of releasing the key from the old computer.

I assume we are talking about the same Introduction manual, you also mention, Then see post 2  where do I find post 2.

Jacob.

Checked page 13 of the introduction manual that comes with the 737  NGX boxed version, and there was nothing there so I downloaded the latest introduction Manual from the PMDG website but also there, no mention of the procedure of releasing the key from the old computer.

I didn't say download the manual from the site, though. I asked you to download the update for the entire product via your account.

Step by step, just to be sure:

1. Go to this page, provide your account information: https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/Checkout.asp?cmode=1 and click Continue.
  2. Click on View Previous Orders.
  3. Find the order number for your NGX order and click on it
  4. Download via the link on that page.
  5. While it is downloading, go to your Windows Control Panel and find Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the existing copy of the NGX
  6. When the download is finished, install the aircraft
  7. [if you're feeling curious, you can go into the Start Menu and find the intro manual to read page 13, but the steps are here]
  8. Load the sim, and the NGX
  9. Press the MENU key of the CDU and select PMDG SETUP > and then LICENSE. You can return the license there so that you can then install on your new computer and activate without any issues.

NOTE: This should ONLY be used when changing computers, changing to new major hardware (new HDD, mobo, etc), or reinstalling your entire operating system. If you're only uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft, the key does not need to be returned, and it will activate just fine.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok Kyle I misunderstood you regarding downloading the Intro manual, so thank you for step by step description, however because I have a Boxed version bought from a third party namely the Flight Sim Store here in Australia, therefore cannot find the find the order number in my account under previous orders, that appears to be a problem.

Is there a procedure to have not only the boxed version of the 737 NGX, but also the boxed version of the PMDG 777-220LR/F entered into my account.

Regards.

Jacob.