Sign in to follow this  
ibennett

RX GNS530 update

Hi, yes we are working on a new GNS WAAS simulation product for all major simulators. There is a discussion with some more details in our P3D/FSX forum:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/497341-does-gns-530w-xpgns-waas-for-fsx-work-in-fsx-steam-edition/

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Great, Really looking forward to seeing the version that will run on X-Plane 10/11 (64 bit).

Any chance of allowing the GNS530 to be displayed in it own window seperate from the main flight sim??

Pete D.

Pete, as soon as we get a chance to find out how we can make these detachable windows in XP11, yes there is a good chance we'll do!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'm sorry it is a little late in the beta tests process, but the good news, is the product is now released:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/501087-reality-xp-gns-530w430w-v2-released/

..sorry for  the ignorance but I'm migrating from FSX-SE to XP11  

Now: 

Should I assume that the Reality G530 & G430 will replace the stock ones ?

&

I'm trying to map the Stock G530 but ,currently ,there are no option to assign Keys and more important buttons to the Stock G530 , does Realty provide it with the products ?/

Appreciate your response 

Yair     

Hi Yair,

The RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 replaces the stock GPS fully. It interfaces with the Autopilot, the HSI, the OBS etc...

It renders in a popup window (default) and when XP11 SDK documents the support for the new 'floating window' feature, we will implement this as well.

It also render to the 2d and the 3d panel once configured so. This permits rendering the full gauge, or only the screen, in as many locations your video card permit ( you could for example decide to render the GPS on the panel in one location, and a copy of the screen on another location used only for reflections -  aircraft modellers: anyone trying this? )

However, it does not automagically replace the stock one in the panel. For now you could choose to just overlay the screen rendering atop the stock screen, or more involving, use plane maker to remove the stock GPS and render the full GNS V2 at the same location.

We are quite busy in releasing the products for all simulators for now, but as soon as the release rush cools down and settles, we will have a closer look at innovative ways to offer similar functionality to 1-click panel-mods. In the meantime, you might want to voice your requests to your favourite aircraft vendors.

As for the 'controls', the RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 publishes a full set of X-Plane commands. Provided you link a panel 'activator' with a command, the integration will be easy.

As for keyboard shortcuts, this functionality is supported in our GNS but we are not sure if shortcuts will still be supported in XP11 final.

This should give you a head start!

..oh, that was fast response ..... tnx Jean-luc ...... :-)

..as mentioned I'm new to XP and ,definitely, not a tech savvy, so as much as I would like to replace the Stock GPS, getting involved with Plan Maker sound kind of overwhelming, I hope you guys will come with something more easy an straight forward to accomplish it, 

However, and in plane English, what I currently do, is using a second monitor in a 2D Mode which turn the Screen Black and then dragging the G530 /G430 to the second monitor and we good ...LOL

AS for the control assignments, well, this is very important to me, I have the Panel mad by DesktopAviator which functioning very well with FSX generic command assignments, (XP11 recognize the Rotory Encoder with no problem)   ... so I hope will be good over there as well

Reg.

Yair