Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

CockpitForYou 737 TQ Feedback/Reviews

I think I'm ready to slowly start moving on from a desktop sim to a full 737NG home cockpit...but very slowly.  I'm intending to start with flight controls first (the most useful) and slowly progress to the pedestal, then MIP (point of no return).  For now, I'm looking for a nice throttle quadrant that can last me the process.  Currently, this is going to power the PMDG bird in P3D, but eventually I imagine I'll be running the full build off ProSim or similar. 

Because I'm looking for the long haul, I do want motorized throttles and working trims.  In my search, I've come across this:

http://cockpitforyou.com/epages/2c95f1b7-0292-44fb-beed-ddf57573f479.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/2c95f1b7-0292-44fb-beed-ddf57573f479/Products/0006

I don't see much in the way of reviews except for some Youtube videos (which look good to me).  I was wondering if anyone had input on this company and their TQ, or even personal experience?  I want to do some research before jumping in on such an expensive purchase.

Aside from general quality, I have a couple specific questions:

1. They connect by ethernet, any experience with this or feedback?  To date, all my controllers have been boring USB.

2. How does this calibrate/work with other aircraft.  Eventually my home cockpit will be 737, but while still on desktop I'll be flying the 777 and Dash 8 too.  I know specific flap settings, trim, etc won't match.  But if I it calibrates through FSUIPC or P3D main, I should be able to use the throttles, reverses, spoilers fine, and some gradation of the flap handle.

3. Any feedback on purchasing in the USA (overseas shipping, etc).

Thanks for any feedback.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!