Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

That didn't go as planned... B744v3 Preview

Single engine approach in this thing... now let me go change my pants... 

30312755384_ec41c6886d_o.png

31019602211_d134c181a2_o.png

31019601841_d364721b5c_o.png

• Upvote 12

Were you heavy on fuel?

Thanx for the pics, brother.

spacer.png

That is some good piloting right there. I would need a change of pants myself, lol. Good job getting her on the runway in one piece!

• Upvote 1

PMDG are obviously doing a great job with this aircraft and these latest Beta pics are very interesting.

But seriously, Luke, what on earth were you thinking about?  Trying to land a B744 with a VREF of 163 at MAX LDG Weight with only No3 engine running, no Flight Director, way above the Glideslope with a next to useless HDG selection - and presumably still expecting to fly the approach and land successfully at a congested airfield like Heathrow from the Co-pilot's seat with a 9kt tailwind?    Where was your Captain on this approach, or are you the Captain and Right Hand Seat qualified?

If Capt Moody was still around (famous for his Volcanic Ash incident)  I think he would be able to give you a few tips on how to get it right on your next Beta attempt; or at least tell you to stick to flying the B777 AND change your underpants!   :help:       

Bertie Goddard

• Upvote 1

Screens, are those in P3D? If yes, are using HDR on or off?

Tom Link

Tom Link

Cool! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

But seriously, Luke, what on earth were you thinking about?  Trying to land a B744 with a VREF of 163 at MAX LDG Weight with only No3 engine running, no Flight Director, way above the Glideslope with a next to useless HDG selection - and presumably still expecting to fly the approach and land successfully at a congested airfield like Heathrow from the Co-pilot's seat with a 9kt tailwind?    Where was your Captain on this approach, or are you the Captain and Right Hand Seat qualified?

If Capt Moody was still around (famous for his Volcanic Ash incident)  I think he would be able to give you a few tips on how to get it right on your next Beta attempt; or at least tell you to stick to flying the B777 AND change your underpants!   :help:       

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but if it interests you or anyone else- my beta flights aren't to try operate the aeroplane in exact procedures constantly. They're to break down the aeroplane, do things in unusual orders to try find cracks in the system. 

Ps. lack of Flight Directors shouldn't scare someone with a bit of airmanship - if you can't face flying without them you shouldn't be flying any kind of aeroplane under IFR conditions  :P Also a simple reason for being a little higher: energy management. 

That is some good piloting right there. I would need a change of pants myself, lol. Good job getting her on the runway in one piece!

Proper good fun. I was departing on the SID and decided to shut down 3 engines and turn back without any real planning... that's what I love about beta testing - an excuse to do some slightly ridiculous things!  :smile:

• Upvote 3

Ps. lack of Flight Directors shouldn't scare someone with a bit of airmanship - if you can't face flying without them you shouldn't be flying any kind of aeroplane under IFR conditions   Also a simple reason for being a little higher: energy management. 
Amen!

Aidan Hutchison

Amazing to see it can still fly on 1 engine, despite the weight of the aircraft. Bravo Boeing and PMDG :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Screens, are those in P3D? If yes, are using HDR on or off?

Tom Link

Hey Tom,

If you examine the tail on the 1st screenshot you'll have your answer if you recall that a yellow tip is FSX and green tip is P3D.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg