Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

That didn't go as planned... B744v3 Preview

That is some good piloting right there. I would need a change of pants myself, lol. Good job getting her on the runway in one piece!

Ha ha!  That is one feature/failure that I bet PMDG has yet to implement,  Seat covers that show stains after intense situations.  That would be hilarious. 

Andrew Jones

Hey Tom,

If you examine the tail on the 1st screenshot you'll have your answer if you recall that a yellow tip is FSX and green tip is P3D.  :wink:

FSX then.

Tom Link

FSX then.

Yep. Hey PMDG lemme know if you need a p3d tester....

spacer.png

With a full load I'm not sure a 744 could fly on one engine, but it could definitely make a fully controlled descent... Lovely WIP PMDG :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Dear First Officer Pabari,

Congratulations on the successful landing you effected while flying as First Officer aboard N744RR during the triple engine-out landing on 20NOV16.

While you have saved the company great expense and negative media attention in returning the airplane safely to EGLL whilst only one engine was running, I am writing to notify you that I am opening an investigation into your apparent lack of regard for company policy that is evidenced by the fact that the APU was left running at departure.

As you know, APU hours are quite expensive, and company policy has, for nearly 20 years, required crews to shut down the APU immediately after engine start prior to departure.  Given that the APU is only able to provide you with pneumatic support while airborne, and also given that It is without a doubt unnecessary to use APU bleed air when conducting an emergency return to your departure field, this management team feels that your personal operating priorities were clearly misaligned, as evidenced by your failure to shut down said APU.

Please reply-by-endorsement on the attached form to address management's concerns regarding your lack of adherence to company policy.

And thank you again for not bending the airplane.

• Upvote 12

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

As you know, APU hours are quite expensive, and company policy has, for nearly 20 years, required crews to shut down the APU immediately after engine start prior to departure. Given that the APU is only able to provide you with pneumatic support while airborne, and also given that It is without a doubt unnecessary to use APU bleed air when conducting an emergency return to your departure field, this management team feels that your personal operating priorities were clearly misaligned, as evidenced by your failure to shut down said APU.

Kind of like criticizing the captain of the Titanic for letting the orchestra play out of tune.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

What is so sad that Robert's joke is so true, lol. Someone is going to be flying a desk for a bit, maybe managing the forum while being grounded. :Tounge:

Luke, have you customized the colors on the displays? The colors of the articifical horizon, the pink and green numbers/letters look very different to screenshots from other people. I actually your colors look more like what I have seen in videos. I like them, they give me a more realistic feel, even though I know the colors in videos are probably way off of the real thing.

Congratulations on the successful landing you effected while flying as First Officer aboard N744RR during the triple engine-out landing on 20NOV16.

While you have saved the company great expense and negative media attention in returning the airplane safely to EGLL whilst only one engine was running, I am writing to notify you that I am opening an investigation into your apparent lack of regard for company policy that is evidenced by the fact that the APU was left running at departure.

As you know, APU hours are quite expensive, and company policy has, for nearly 20 years, required crews to shut down the APU immediately after engine start prior to departure.  Given that the APU is only able to provide you with pneumatic support while airborne, and also given that It is without a doubt unnecessary to use APU bleed air when conducting an emergency return to your departure field, this management team feels that your personal operating priorities were clearly misaligned, as evidenced by your failure to shut down said APU.

Please reply-by-endorsement on the attached form to address management's concerns regarding your lack of adherence to company policy.

Putting blame on pilots just after they saved hundreds on souls onboard, reminds me of US Airways 1549 landing in the Hudson River. :D

Hi Mr Robert Captain,

Basically what happened, was I let a young, very enthusiastic 4 year old in the flight deck to watch the takeoff. Little I knew, he REALLY liked the look of the fuel control switches and thus, ended up playing with them without us noticing on climb out. He then decided to convince the Captain to move into the jumpseat and let him fly from the left seat. Now given we were on an IFR flight plan and he's a short 4 year old - he claimed he could see the instruments perfect. Fair play, Captain agreed and instead of trying to restart the engines I was forced to try land it. Meanwhile the real captain was on his new fancy iPhone 7+ replying to his endless count of women (not including his wife) and I'm pretty sure letting them (yes, them) know he won't be able to see them down route. Next thing you know, I'm trying to squawk 7500 and I kid you not, this little 4 year old bit my hand. Full on, BITE. I was like daaaaaaamn where are your parents?! He then ripped off my stripes whilst throwing commands down my throat and the next thing I knew we were on the ground. He also set Autobrakes Max Auto as 'banter' - jokes on him when he went flying through the windshield on touchdown  :wink:

So that's the truth, I hope you understand and let me carry out my duties for my scheduled BOS in a couple days. I promise to let no more extremely enthusiastic 4 year olds up front. 

Ps. I believe the 4 year old also REALLY liked the sound of the APU. A-P-U is funky apparently. Anyways, he must have started that the cheeky little..... 

• Upvote 4

Let's just hope this virtual 4 year old isn't included in the RTM version.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

"..... and it was getting darn cold up there with only one engine running.... so I turned on the APU .... believing that the FO's suggestion to just light a fire, was not a good one ...... "

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

"Just light a fire" could be his slang for get another engine re-lit now!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)