Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Announcement] Alpha 2

Chase Plane looks elegant in its simplicity.  The user interface alone is worth price of admission.  I can't wait till its finished but I fear it won't be for a long while yet.

Agree

I see that TrackIR is first on the list, which is great as I think is what most people are missing most.

Really? :) Where can we see the results of related polls? Actually, it is the only item on the list that is useful only for a fragment of users. Please, don't speak for others as you can only speculate what others might consider important or marginal ;)

It is the main item missing that keeps folk using it's competitors product and TrackIR users make up far more than a fragment of users, if you had followed the threads on Chaseplanes release you would know this.

The question is what percentage of ChasePlane users will need TrackIR compatibility... I am absolutely sure that Keven and his team will allocate an adequate amount of resources and that it will not negatively impact the schedule or development of features that are beneficial for 100% of their customers. I just wanted to express my, probably old-fashioned, attitude that to a priori project self-interests as the interests of the majority is impertinent.

• Upvote 1

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

The question is what percentage of ChasePlane users will need TrackIR compatibility...

I guess enough people requested it that they moved it up on the priority list.

NAX669.png

Sure, everyone has different priority on the same product.

On my side, I really miss a functional in-sim menu (i.e. compatible with my mouse driver?)

And I'm not compatible with Track IR use, so it doesn't miss at all ... :Tounge:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi, Keven. Just bought the alpha yesterday and I have to say that is a wonderful application, a must have.

Just a question, and is that during installation I selected the option to not to start ChasePlane automatically when P3D starts-up, and found anyway a connection of ChasePlane with P3D (as shown in the picture below). How I get completely rid of ChasePlane if I don't want to start it up until I decide to do so?.

Cheers, Ed

Sorry, forgot to post the image:

NdUrJqt.jpg

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, Keven. Just bought the alpha yesterday and I have to say that is a wonderful application, a must have.

Just a question, and is that during installation I selected the option to not to start ChasePlane automatically when P3D starts-up, and found anyway a connection of ChasePlane with P3D (as shown in the picture below). How I get completely rid of ChasePlane if I don't want to start it up until I decide to do so?.

Cheers, Ed

Ed are you sure in preferences bottom left side auto-launch with P3D is not green you can switch it off there should be gray if you dont want it to startup with sim mine works 

Rich Sennett

Ed are you sure in preferences bottom left side auto-launch with P3D is not green you can switch it off there should be gray if you dont want it to startup with sim mine works 

Thanks Rich, but I turned the auto-lunch off (gray already) during installation (and re-checked it just now), and still I have some connection between P3D and ChasePlane when I start-up P3D, even if I don't ask to.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Check if the file structure is valid in your exe.xml file located in your Sim's AppData folder

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Check if the file structure is valid in your exe.xml file located in your Sim's AppData folder

By valid do you mean that it should be no entry for ChasePlane in the exe.xml in AppData?.

Cheers, Ed

Took a previous back-up I had of the exe.xml file (the one at the AppData) to make sure is a valid file, and replaced the one on the same directory (AppData) and situation persists. Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Ed

Cheers, Ed

Thanks Rich, but I turned the auto-lunch off (gray already) during installation (and re-checked it just now), and still I have some connection between P3D and ChasePlane when I start-up P3D, even if I don't ask to.

Cheers, Ed

Figured that Ed you know your stuff - thought I ask Brother Keven will sort it out 

Rich Sennett

Figured that Ed you know your stuff - thought I ask Brother Keven will sort it out 

I hope so, it's a little bit annoying another app connects to P3D even if you don't ask to.

Thanks and take care.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Ca you post the file here (DropBox or something) I will try to find and fix the issue

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes, of course, here you are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou952w9wg0as2wf/exe.xml?dl=0

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

#15.   Now I know why my sim crashed when I changed views during sim rate x2.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

@edpatino I see nothing wrong in the exe.xml, ChasePlane is not even in there. 

Are you using another system to launch apps in your simulator?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42