Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Announcement] Alpha 2

Does this work with Track Hat?

Well, yes and no. I'm using TrackHat wireless which works fine with TrackIR, but it doesn't play well with ChasePlane, so far. I sent in the error log yesterday because the VC screen shakes badly when both TrackHat/TrackIR and ChasePlane are active. Windows 10 and P3D 3.4.18.19475

I'm using ChasePlane experimental v1.5, which is working fine on all my planes, just not with TrackIR as yet..

Maury Pratt

Yes, With a trouble report followed by a couple of ChasePlane updates, ChasePlane (v 1.5) is now working nicely together with TrackHat.

Maury Pratt

Yes, With a trouble report followed by a couple of ChasePlane updates, ChasePlane (v 1.5) is now working nicely together with TrackHat.

How did you get it working?    How do you have TrackHat set and ChasePlane set?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

How did you get it working?    How do you have TrackHat set and ChasePlane set?

I've sent you a PM with specifics on that. Generally speaking, I'm using the standard TrackIR setup I had before getting TrackHat, but I did have to update the "Game List" and select the FSFX profile title (rather than Prepar3D) to get them to play nice together -- there being nothing to set in TrackHat other than adjusting the wireless headset position and resetting the viewing range (F12) for full x,y,z coverage (two green lights once in P3D).

Maury Pratt

I'm using the TrackHat camera, which is a PS3 eye camera with the IR filter removed.  In TrackHat configuration for Protocol I can use

FreeTrack 2.0  Enhanced

FlightGear

FSUIPC

FSX SimConnect

mouse emulation

UDP receiver.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hi 

Kevin

Great bit of kit, having a slight problem this morning, when Chase plane opens it automatically pauses my FSX sim, did not do this yesterday? 

I am also having a problem locating the download on my PC could you point me in the right direction please.

one last question, can I delete a pre set if I don't like it, if so how.

thanks

taichijohn65.

Hi 

Kevin

Great bit of kit, having a slight problem this morning, when Chase plane opens it automatically pauses my FSX sim, did not do this yesterday? 

I am also having a problem locating the download on my PC could you point me in the right direction please.

one last question, can I delete a pre set if I don't like it, if so how.

thanks

taichijohn65.

1. ChasePlane does not pause your simulator. The answer might be elsewhere
  2. What download are you referring to?
  3. Hold CTRL to move/delete/rename presets in the Presets page. In Alpha 1.5 (0.1.5xx you can also right-click on it)

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven,

It does seem to be a problem else where, it is happening when I open other windows, strange.

Found what I was looking for regards the download.

I just can't work it out. Getting frustrated now because I don't know what to do.

when I open FSX it goes into full screen, if I hit the windows key it pauses the flight sim So I can't use chase plane. I know FSX was built so you can't open another window on top of it, How do I make FSX smaller so I can see chase plane interface so I can set it up.

Regards

Is there any way to use an Static View along with TrackIR? Just like someone holding a Camera?.

Regards

Not yet, will be coming

I just can't work it out. Getting frustrated now because I don't know what to do.

when I open FSX it goes into full screen, if I hit the windows key it pauses the flight sim So I can't use chase plane. I know FSX was built so you can't open another window on top of it, How do I make FSX smaller so I can see chase plane interface so I can set it up.

Regards

Alt + Enter?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

i am afraid it's me again Keven, I have been following the video that you did where the guy is setting up the Xbox controller, all was going well until I got the same problem with the views being back to front tried what he did, had no effect still back to front. Also when I did my tilt up and down i got the same problem, plus my view is now defaulting to full tilt down no matter what view I am in, and if I put the view back to say looking ahead, it will automatically go to full tilt down. Be grateful for any advice on this one.

Regards

John.

i am afraid it's me again Keven, I have been following the video that you did where the guy is setting up the Xbox controller, all was going well until I got the same problem with the views being back to front tried what he did, had no effect still back to front. Also when I did my tilt up and down i got the same problem, plus my view is now defaulting to full tilt down no matter what view I am in, and if I put the view back to say looking ahead, it will automatically go to full tilt down. Be grateful for any advice on this one.

Regards

John.

You might want to enable Absolute Axis when assigning those axis

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

OK

Done everything you have advised, still no joy.

As soon as I click on Chase Plane my sim pauses. Then if i click on flight sim window, it will start, but as soon as I click on Chase Plane again it pauses. I thought this was something to do with using the Windows key, but it is happening using ALT+ENTR.

Also I have deleted all of my controller assignments, yet when I am in FSX, the view keeps going to the floor, if I use my presets it works fine. the lower joystick on the Xbox controller even though it has nothing assigned sends the cameras in to a spin.

I have deleted all assignments with in FSX, still no joy. I have deleted all assignments in Chase Plane still no joy.

finally, if I have forward backward assigned to the joystick on the top left of the Xbox controller when I move it, it moves the yokes in the sim, even though all assignments in FSX are deleted.

I am sure this is to do with my lack of knowledge one with Windows, and the workings of Chase Plane. Any advice would be gratefully received.