Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Go check out the PMDG Facebook page!

There's a great picture by one of the beta testers of the cockpit that you can rotate around for a beautiful view of the cockpit. :)

Question for the PMDG team. I see what I think is weather radar. Will this functionality require other software from another developer to operate, or is it all included in this product? I, personally, would prefer the latter for simplicity and for financial reasons.

Question for the PMDG team. I see what I think is weather radar. Will this functionality require other software from another developer to operate, or is it all included in this product? I, personally, would prefer the latter for simplicity and for financial reasons.

Like the other products, it requires ASN or AS2016. Weather radar in the sim is dependent on a weather program making 3D precip info available. It doesn't exist in FSX/P3D by default so, the alternative is impossible.

Kyle Rodgers

Where have you been Matthew?  Wx radar has been in the 737 and 777 for a long time.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Where have you been Matthew?  Wx radar has been in the 737 and 777 for a long time.

I know. I was HOPING it would've been included in the 747 in an all-in-one package. I'm not made of money, unfortunately.

Hmmm shame on facebook...and not something the forum can support instead.

I'd rather not have to sell my soul just to find out about PMDG feature.

It has been a part of the base package on the 777 and 737 for a while.  The 737 was added as a service pack (but free).  I can't remember for sure, but the 777 may have come straight away with WXR.

Eric Szczesniak

I know. I was HOPING it would've been included in the 747 in an all-in-one package. I'm not made of money, unfortunately.

But if you can afford a $150 add on aircraft you can surely afford  premium weather software such as AS16

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

i dont have facebook but it worked for me. you gotta go on a computer to use it. i couldnt use it on my phone

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

When the forum supports more than simple jpegs, then I guess it could happen. Until that point, though...

Never quite understood this viewpoint - it only takes as much info as you give it - but your electronic presence is up to you. Perhaps I'm just a little less sensitive because all of my info is public through the FAA (thanks FAA!), and the government in general (thanks OPM!).

For the record, you only need to just visit the page without logging in:

https://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations/

Kyle Rodgers

Who's signature is that on the door to the crew rest area?

Jorge Moya, member of the PMDG beta team and he made the VC 360.

EDIT: Kyle beat me to it :)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png