Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

xbox controller?

My FSX "controls" (joystick X52 and keyboard) are not playing well, thus far, Chase Plane.  I have to manually start CP after the sim loads and each flight presents a variation of what was previously set.  Number pad keys deleted from 'control assignments' and used in CP are being restored to 'assignments'.  This causes a fair amount of grief.  Of the various XBox controllers, are they better than a joystick and which is recommended for use with CP?

Seriously? No...

Not as a joystick replacement but as a supplemental tool to handle Chaseplane configuration assignments - maybe not.

I do not understand the issue, sorry. The goal is to make every joystick compatible with the ChasePlane platform.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have had them all, joysticks, yokes and pedals and other input devices but now I fly with only the Xbox controller. Simple and easy and much more fun. Several of us do and some add longer machined aluminum sticks to the main axis.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I used to use a 360 controller for the dialed back Microsoft Flight because the controls were so simple and I could play it off of my TV and couch.  Anything is possible.

Obviously I'm a bit uninformed about a lot of this so I'm sitting back 'til this thing graduates out of the 'alpha' phase.

I do not understand the issue, sorry. The goal is to make every joystick compatible with the ChasePlane platform.

That being the case, do you, have you, use(d) the Xbox 360 controller to Manipulate ChasePlane?

...and if so, what are the recommended button bindings for the Xbox 360 controller to maximize ChasePlane functionality?

What about the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog? Recommended button bindings?

What is the optimum device to control ChasePlane...obviously our Devs (the brilliant guys WE BOUGHT with this product ) have a favorite controller.

How do we de-conflict button bindings on existing controllers between the FSX/P3D control surfaces/operations and the camera functionality/views? Conditional or shift button bindings or functions?

What about FSUIPC, LINDA?

Until Chaseplane Dev's give us a " Community" in the cloud to exchange pre-sets,, we should be saving pre-sets for exchange, here, at The Avsim library .

Regards and scintillating seasons greetings to OUR DEVs and y'all Avsimmers.

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

What he said! Share here!

That being the case, do you, have you, use(d) the Xbox 360 controller to Manipulate ChasePlane?

...and if so, what are the recommended button bindings for the Xbox 360 controller to maximize ChasePlane functionality?

What about the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog? Recommended button bindings?

What is the optimum device to control ChasePlane...obviously our Devs (the brilliant guys WE BOUGHT with this product ) have a favorite controller.

How do we de-conflict button bindings on existing controllers between the FSX/P3D control surfaces/operations and the camera functionality/views? Conditional or shift button bindings or functions?

What about FSUIPC, LINDA?

Until Chaseplane Dev's give us a " Community" in the cloud to exchange pre-sets,, we should be saving pre-sets for exchange, here, at The Avsim library .

Not as a joystick replacement but as a supplemental tool to handle Chaseplane configuration assignments - maybe not.

I use Xbox as a supplement controller to exclusively handle ChasePlane and so far very much satisfied.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I use Xbox as a supplement controller to exclusively handle ChasePlane and so far very much satisfied.

Yepper, me too.  I couldn't possibly imagine using anything else.

As far as the settings... it's too easy to setup. Combination of using XBox Axis and Buttons, but each person can and should customize it for themselves.

NOTE:  I don't use CP for views while flying (I simply use two rocker switches to change all views via the FSX/P3D settings). I use CP strictly for making videos.

Best wishes to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Cheers, Ed

What are your button bindings, Ed?

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I used the same buttons as the dev used in the first look video on the FSFX website. He shows you what he has for each button.

What are your button bindings, Ed?

Regards,

Chas

Hi Chas, in my setup (first column ChasePlane actions, second column Xbox assignments):

Global Enable ---> XB Home button (or Start button)

Toggle UI ---> XB Back

Forward/Backward (camera movement) ---> XB-LSY (or left thumbstick on the Xbox controller)

Move Left/Move Right ---> XB-LSX

Move Up ---> XB-Dpad-0 degrees

Move Down ---> XB-Dpad-180 degrees

Tilt Up/Tilt Down ---> XB-RSY (or right thumbstick on the Xbox controller)

Pan Left/Pan Right ---> XB-RSX

Roll Left/Roll Right ---> XB-LTG (triggers at the front of the Xbox controllers)

Zoom In ---> XB-RB (right button at the back of the controllers)

Zoom Out ---> XB-LB (left button at the back of the controllers)

X, Y, A and B buttons ---> 4 Different external views of the aircraft

You can refer at the Xbox controllers pictures and information here: https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-US/customize

Of course you can customize the controller the way you want. The Chase Plane interface allows the customization very easily.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers