Sign in to follow this  
captain911

Help please. Black buildings in Amsterdam

Hey guys, I have this issue and i cant figure out what it is... I've had restore almost all the default textures in FSX-SE but nothing happened, same issue. I dont want to restore FSX-SE from the begging because i have so many add-ons. I will appreciate if anyone can help me. This is only in Amsterdam area, i didnt noticed anything in other towns.... I did a print screen below you can check it out. 

PS. I dont have DX10 checked. 

15138524_10157800628020646_3979605088367

....I dont want to restore FSX-SE from the begging because i have so many add-ons.....

PS. I dont have DX10 checked. 

I'm sure textures not showing up is a sign of lack of memory, or perhaps the system catching up with what it's trying to display. (Sometimes whilst switching views from external to VC cockpit on an aircraft, the VC panel briefly displays as black, but then displays normally).

If a lot of your add-ons are scenery then you don't necessarily have to uninstall them: Go into scenery library and untick their boxes then restart FSX. You don't have to do them all at once. For example disable the scenery around Amsterdam. Or disable a detailed airport or two. Try disabling sceneries which you are not flying into or over. It can be time consuming, but at least for now you're not uninstalling anything. Trial and error. Good luck!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Glad you got it sorted! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)