Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Opinions on FSDT KIAH and KMEM?

Too congested area. And if you have NY City by Drzewiecki AND KLGA from ImagineSim, I would not recommend to add JFKv2.0 at all. It's the only area so far on which my VAS is almost depleted.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks.  You made me feel better about avoiding it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Was there ever a fix for the pretty bad stuttering on KMEM due to the way the buldings and texture sets were loaded?

I have JFK v2 ,KLAX and LSGG and really like them.

I was going for KMEM and tested the demo, but had some terrible stutters when taking off/ landing.

How did you guys avoid them?

Regards, Perry

JFK v2 was a standout airport for many years, but it shows it's age in comparison to DD's version. (Which has updated terminals and taxiways) Visually it's a beautiful product, but it's begging for an update to the layout. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

KMEM had some flashing textures for me, especially in the overhead view. There is a thread on their support site about it, but no response from FSDT.

Thanks. You made me feel better about avoiding it.

I don't have DD's New York but I do have ImagineSim's LGA and FSDT's JFK.  I definitely can't use them at the same time but when I use JFK I like it. Very well made scenery with a lot a character.

It is hard on performance FPS being the limiting factor.. I'm able to manage the VAS and this is with FSX. FPS can be low but I make it work. Maybe take another look or better yet try out the demo.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

I have KIAH, do not have KMEM.  I like KIAH.  FWIW, with the SODE system, I think the only jetway that operates is the one your aircraft is parked at.  What is nice with SODE is you can actually use the middle door on the 757/777 for boarding.

I had an initial problem when they converted the jetways at KIAH to SODE (via an upgrade) but the SODE developer found there was a problem with AivlaSoft EFB and SODE together (along with some other add on programs) which was crashing SODE.  They did fix it with a SODE update.

To make it work for me, I had to uninstall SODE, then KIAH, then re-install KIAH, uninstall SODE again, then install the new version of SODE.

In general, I like the FSDT airports, but they can be memory intensive and some of the responses of their website for support can be a little argumentative/ condescending. 

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and pick them up both.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I bit the bullet yesterday and both airports are amazing! I previously owned JFK, ORD, LAX, GEN & LAS.

With the sale and all I went ahead and got Dallas Fort Worth & Fort Lauderdale to finish my US collection with FSDT combined with my 4 flight beam airports.

Flying in the states is pretty awesome now with OpenLC NA too :) - thats coming from a Brit!

FSDT and FlightBeam quality are just fantastic and yes some FSDT stuff is older, it still holds its weight tbh compared to some new aerosoft stuff and UK stuff we have so I'd go for it!

Blue skies!

I bit the bullet yesterday and both airports are amazing! I previously owned JFK, ORD, LAX, GEN & LAS.

With the sale and all I went ahead and got Dallas Fort Worth & Fort Lauderdale to finish my US collection with FSDT combined with my 4 flight beam airports.

Flying in the states is pretty awesome now with OpenLC NA too :) - thats coming from a Brit!

FSDT and FlightBeam quality are just fantastic and yes some FSDT stuff is older, it still holds its weight tbh compared to some new aerosoft stuff and UK stuff we have so I'd go for it!

Blue skies!

I agree however KMEM has some faults and micro stutters they should solve at there end ;-)

KIAH is just a great airport actually like it more as KMEM. Great stuff with dynamic reflections on in P3D

André

FSDT is really some one you would try out . I have them all mostly . Missing KLAS i guess but i will pass it on to the next version.

I have no issues doing VFR with DD New York V2 and FSDT KJFK at 25-30 FPS in the Comanche 250 from A2A or Realair Lanceair Legacy and it is amazing what both have achieved.

Have them both even if you are just the "starters" to become a flight sim enthusiast.

Dont start with KMEM as it has the latest innovation but also some issues like stuttering on approach and landing (but be amazed afterall because KMEM looks amazing)

Regards

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Dont start with KMEM as it has the latest innovation but also some issues like stuttering on approach and landing (but be amazed afterall because KMEM looks amazing)

Have you tried the MaximumPrerenderedFrames=1 thing in Nvidea Control Panel? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

same here, i own quite a few packages like FSDT klas, CYVR, KLAX, KDFW KJFK  and so on , there are great sceneries but for years asking FSDT to update their KLAS and CYVR airport gates and new terminal , not keeping their promesses i really wont invest more in another scenery. 

henry koch

FSDT is really some one you would try out . I have them all mostly . Missing KLAS i guess but i will pass it on to the next version.

I have no issues doing VFR with DD New York V2 and FSDT KJFK at 25-30 FPS in the Comanche 250 from A2A or Realair Lanceair Legacy and it is amazing what both have achieved.

Have them both even if you are just the "starters" to become a flight sim enthusiast.

Regards

Michael Moe 

Michael how is the performance with an airliner at JFK V2 and FTX global New York? just thinking to add this to my American airports collection.

André

Have you tried the MaximumPrerenderedFrames=1 thing in Nvidea Control Panel? 

Yep and i think it still is the Default setting in nvidia control panel,

but try 3 for instance

this thread is about guiding and not confusing . We all want the value for our penny

Michael Moe

Michael how is the performance with an airliner at JFK V2 and FTX global New York? just thinking to add this to my American airports collection.

With those you would be off at 15-25 fps i would  guess

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png