Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Opinions on FSDT KIAH and KMEM?

FSDT just announced a 30% off sale, which is making me considering finally completing my FSDT scenery collection by purchasing KIAH and KMEM.

I would appreciate your feedback on these addons and their respective performance VAS and FPS wise in P3D V3.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I just did the same thing and bit the bullet and hit purchase on these 2 :)

Memphis is the latest and pretty awesome.  I love sitting in the tower and listening to the ATC watching AI land and takeoff. 

I would steer clear of O'Hare.  Out of date set up and I think FSDT is updating this as we speak.

I own Geneva and LAX as well.  Both well done as well

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

FSDT just announced a 30% off sale

Just wanted to ask the same question. Where did you see that sale? Is it a current offer? Could you please post a link - better in the Bargain hunters Forum :)

I can recommend Memphis and all others I have (JFK, ORD, LAX, LAS, ...); I would be interested to get their Texan range of airports now...

Cheers

Frank

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Have both, i'll say go fo it!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Thanks a lot Bob! Happy Thanksgiving ! :dance:

Tempting but got to keep my powder dry for the PMDG P3D 744v3...still, tempting, really want the KMEM for some Fed Ex 744 flights...

spacer.png

I have them and both are great.  Can't go wrong with either one....but I find with the type flying I do I tend not to use KMEM nearly as much as KIAH.  If you do any FedEx flying KMEM is a must-have!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

KIAH is a great airport in terms of accuracy of buildings and their placement and what not. This also applies to grounds such as taxi ways and runways. The old terminal B north hardstands are still in the scenery where as they arent in the real world.

The only gripe i have is that the textures font seem as high quality as they could be. somewhat cartoonish. It takes away from the scenery as a whole. Oh well. Its a great airport otherwise especially being my hometown airport.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

You can't go wrong with anything FSDT!  I love it.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I really like KMEM. The ATC feature is pretty cool, although I don't use it all that much. That being said, I recommend it highly.

KIAH, on the other hand, is a disappointment when comparing it to their other sceneries. Some of the building textures are poor quality and I'm really not a fan of the ground textures at all. Also, they use some default FSX/P3D objects, which for a payware airport is pretty lazy. Not their best work. That being said, it is still decent and better than anything else out there. My opinion only.

I'm going to ask, how's JFK 2.0?  I have to admit, the whole NYC area (as well as the LAX area) scares me in terms of performance.  But, without committing to anything, I'll ask.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm going to ask, how's JFK 2.0?  I have to admit, the whole NYC area (as well as the LAX area) scares me in terms of performance.  But, without committing to anything, I'll ask.

Too congested area. And if you have NY City by Drzewiecki AND KLGA from ImagineSim, I would not recommend to add JFKv2.0 at all. It's the only area so far on which my VAS is almost depleted.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers