Sign in to follow this  
albar965

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

Below is the link to the technical FAQ about Little Navmap. This is also available in Little Navmap's help menu:

► Frequently asked Questions

Why are your programs free?

They are not only free, they are even open source. That means other people can use parts or the whole of my application in their own projects or learn something by reading the code. This is true especially for the atools (https://github.com/albar965/atools) repository, which contains all the code to read BGL, PLN or the FSX logbook files.

I was always an advocate of open source believing in cooperation instead of competition. Typing this on my Linux notebook using open source programs I can say that all what is used to create my programs is also free. The same applies to program libraries used by my software like the Marble widget (https://marble.kde.org/) and the map services that render the beautiful maps.

The main reason is, that I want to give a bit back to all, by doing what I can do best and also love to do: Programming software around navigation.

Where can I donate?

Little Navmap and all of my other programs are made available free of charge. I have no plans to change this. Donations are purely optional but greatly appreciated.

You can donate via Github, PayPal or direct EU bank transfer.

Donate Donate to show your appreciation if you like my programs.
Edited by albar965
  • Like 7