Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FSLabs A320X Video Showing of Prepar3d Beauty

I'm seeing strobes reflecting off of the surrounding IMC conditions- I don't know any addons that natively do that. 

However I can't believe people aren't up in arms about that high pitched noise!*

*source: I was a commuter. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

If there is a "vast improvement" over FSX, I honestly can't see it, I have been using this excellent add-on - best simulated airbus ever, by far - right from day one and enjoyed the quality reflected in this video (but cannot recall hearing such a lousy engine noise...!).

Regarding cockpit lighting (referring to a previous post above) in real world, usually, as a pilot you want to fly with the darkest possible cockpit - especially during take-off and landing - so as to avoid losing outside visual clues. A pilot should be able to locate any cockpit button, switch or lever without actually looking (searching) for it night or day, in real simulators sessions, this is also part of the crew training when there is an emergency, then is not the time to fiddle your way through controls you lost sight of, being busy managing other priorities...

If there is a "vast improvement" over FSX, I honestly can't see it, I have been using this excellent add-on - best simulated airbus ever, by far - right from day one and enjoyed the quality reflected in this video (but cannot recall hearing such a lousy engine noise...!).

Regarding cockpit lighting (referring to a previous post above) in real world, usually, as a pilot you want to fly with the darkest possible cockpit - especially during take-off and landing - so as to avoid losing outside visual clues. A pilot should be able to locate any cockpit button, switch or lever without actually looking (searching) for it night or day, in real simulators sessions, this is also part of the crew training when there is an emergency, then is not the time to fiddle your way through controls you lost sight of, being busy managing other priorities...

Yes there is a vast improvement over FSX with this beauty:

Two major ones:

- No mouse bug and FPS drop! so better performance.

- Better VAS management.

André

No. No claim for special video. Just "a fantastic video", claim. Not even worth all the ink...