Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Froogle's first look at the 747v3

Enjoy

• Upvote 7

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Oh yeah baby 'bout time...cheers brother.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Oh yeah baby 'bout time...cheers brother.

Seems it's not the case, five more months before grabbing it, I guess.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Does this mean it's 'release week' .  When he released the 777 first video's , it was exactly that.

What will be interesting is how it compares to the 737 and 777 in terms of performance when it's ready for a test.  I'm hoping it's better than the 777.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Does this mean it's 'release week' .  When he released the 777 first video's , it was exactly that.

I don't think so, he said that it could take a few more month. I wouldn't expect a 2016 release to be honest.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Guys.

2016 is not going to happen. There are things that need to be improved.. It's going to take time.

I can only appreciate the fact that Froogle (Peter) is taking the time to make these videos.

The 747 at the moment is like an unpolished diamond. Give it time. At least we have videos

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I knew that after so many images come videos So the videos come now thnx again!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wink:  :dance:  :dance:

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

Guys.
2016 is not going to happen. There are things that need to be improved.. It's going to take time.
I can only appreciate the fact that Froogle (Peter) is taking the time to make these videos.
The 747 at the moment is like an unpolished diamond. Give it time. At least we have videos

Well I thought as much to be honest.  I love Froogle's video series.  Exactly what we need to prep for the big day

Wow yes I guess youtube is learning what sort of stuff I like - saw this pop up in youtube about an hour ago.  

Mark Trainer

Sorry to be nit picky... But aren't the external power button switch lights reversed? When in "ON" the bar on the button should align with the bar printed on the panel... Check at athe 16:55 mark...

I know its beta and that there are errors... Just trying to show something that might have been missed :)

BR,

Gustavo Nilson

I didnt see much what the FS2004 PMDG 747-400 couldnt do.

But it isn't so much about aircraft functionality as it is about new design technology.

Working my way though froogles vid during spurts at work! For those that have beta access (lucky f.....anyways! LOL!) How does it compare to the iFly 747?

I've seen this point pop up a few times and am pretty baffled by it. I mean, it's still a 747, so it's not like we could make something that was already like a 747 to be more like a 747. We could offer a bunch of unrealistic stuff just to pack more superficial stuff into it just to say we made it do more stuff, but that would obviously be unrealistic.

The graphics are vastly improved. Go back and look at any shot of the VC, and compare it to what you're seeing here. The FS9 aircraft didn't have weather radar, didn't track MTBF hours like this one does (as the 737 and 777 do as well), did not have custom panel states, didn't have this level of fully-featured options (though it had a couple), and quite a number of other things that I'm not recalling off the top of my head...but to give you an example, you have the option of using Kidde versus Systron fire extinguishing systems, and the function of the system changes according to that. If you look at the STAT page in the video, you can also see signal garbage in the system that shows up when the HYD system is off, which shows in the jumping values. It's a ton of smaller details to make it truer to the real aircraft.

...but again, in the end, it's still a 747, so these posts that assume that it's going to be wildly different are...puzzling.

• Upvote 9

Kyle Rodgers