Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Froogle's first look at the 747v3

2 things Froogle said that were less than happy for me...1 that this is the first of many beta videos which implies it will be in beta a while and 2 his own guess of a beta for a few months.

Its starting to get really irritating when guys like froogle or whatever his name spout off their opinions about release dates. Even though hes on the beta team, he needs to keep quite on things like this. Its only gonna start a myriad of speculation.

Even if he was spot on, hes better off not saying anything.

• Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Its starting to get really irritating when guys like froogle or whatever his name spout off their opinions about release dates. Even though hes on the beta team, he needs to keep quite on things like this. Its only gonna start a myriad of speculation.

Even if he was spot on, hes better off not saying anything.

Yeah, because he DIDN'T MAKE IT CLEAR ENOUGH in the video that he was guessing, and didn't know the release date.

Every time we're close, it's like a pack of hyenas around here. 

GO PLAY OUTSIDE. 

• Upvote 6

Yeah, because he DIDN'T MAKE IT CLEAR ENOUGH in the video that he was guessing, and didn't know the release date.

Every time we're close, it's like a pack of hyenas around here. 

GO PLAY OUTSIDE.

Thanks for proving my point. Its exactly that, a guess, an opinion. Something we are all entitled to but something that doesnt need to be spouted off all the time.

Go outside? give me a break....this a mere game. Its not an identity like some folks here make it out to be

• Upvote 4

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Thanks for proving my point. Its exactly that, a guess, an opinion. Something we are all entitled to but something that doesnt need to be spouted off all the time.

Go outside? give me a break....this a mere game. Its not an identity like some folks here make it out to be

that kinda 'tude is why mechanics might not be liked so much. Though a fixed time frame can't be derived (we all know this), a basic outline is appreciated by many as it enables a bit of planning. As they say, there are only two guarantee's in life, so no point in placing too much stock in what Peter has said.

So, I'm grateful to have heard Peter's assessment of the situation and to see the 744v3.

I think he started the engine wrong?

The fuel went on waaay too early for a non-autostart equipped aircraft, which is a hazard (fuel pooling > tail pipe fire or worse). He should've waited for the fuel-on indication or 25% n3 (depending on engine) before setting fuel lever/switch to run.

Brian Nellis

Hi folks,

I thought Peter did a fine job, a couple mistakes maybe, but better than I could have done. No problem here with his opinion on the release...[i sort of want to go back install W7, FSX, and the B747 while waiting.

I too believe the fuel switch should not be turned on until about 25 %, n2.

I use the P3D sim.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

I think it was a great video - a good, early stab at a very complex machine.  That takes some doing.   

I love the aircraft.  Going to be fun to fly for sure.  I can't wait for the spool-up on take-off video.

:P  What sort of clown wouldnt use autostart. You're meant to get in the air as fast as possible, not enjoy the atmosphere at the tarmac!

I guess you missed the video then :D

Interesting when Froogle talks about the pitch attitude changes when thrust is applied/reduced on the 744.

I hope this is modeled and not just a camera effect.

In the Aerowinx 744 simulation this effect is vere pronounced 

rgds.

Marcel van Santen

Great video by Froogle. Really appreciate how he left the faux pas in so we can learn those things. 

Autostart is boring. .. there's already so little to do...

spacer.png

Interesting when Froogle talks about the pitch attitude changes when thrust is applied/reduced on the 744.

I hope this is modeled and not just a camera effect.

In the Aerowinx 744 simulation this effect is vere pronounced 

rgds.

Marcel van Santen

that part confused me, why wouldn't PMDG model it? He said it was not implemented yet? That means basic engine logic is not in beta and could explain why he guessed at least a few more months of testing. - David Lee

Cant imagine that not being implemented at this stage...

spacer.png

Cant imagine that not being implemented at this stage...

Well  in the video Froogle said   "they hope to put it in in a later beta" or words to that effect,  so i guess not.

Marcel van Santen

Keep in mind also that he recorded that video a few weeks ago and was not allowed to release it until the video embargo was lifted. So any comments regarding timing have now moved forward by a few weeks at least. It is therefore probably no reflection of what currently is - or is not included in any current beta version

• Upvote 1