Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Froogle's first look at the 747v3

There is one option that got me quite curious in this video, I believe it's new as I didn't saw it on the previous aircraft, of a CTL PNL ON/OFF on the CDU Menu mage. I would believe there is some sort of control panel, but I might be wrong. Stil I'm curious about it now

I'll need to double check, but I believe that's about the same as the DSP CTL> on the 777. It allows you to select the lower display views through the CDU and not the panel to the right of the MCP.

I think. I'll get back to you.

Kyle Rodgers

The 744 is not currently capable, no. It's capable of coordinating its data on a local network for shared processing (more important to the home cockpit builders), but not currently out onto external networks.

If/when one of our products would/will be capable of coordinating that much data, I have a feeling it will be made very clear, and made quite a big deal of.

I hope this avenue gets serious consideration this time around.  

If ever there was an aircraft gracing our pixels,  crying out for shared cockpit capability, it is this one.  The simmy world will go nuts when/if  that happens.

Not the end of the world if not, but it will be the beginning of many new horizons and experiences if capable.

shared cockpit would rock but I doubt it could easily (if at all() be coded in P3D.  Aint never gonna happen with FSX.

spacer.png

I doubt it could easily (if at all() be coded in P3D.

Majestic Dash 8, Aerosoft Airbus, both in P3D  - all shared cockpit capable.

Majestic Dash 8, Aerosoft Airbus, both in P3D  - all shared cockpit capable.

WHAT>>??

Surely you jest..?

I shall go look at that...not gonna buy those mind you (only so much money and waiting on the P3D PMDG 744v3).

But certainly that is most curious.

Does anyone have any feedback on having tried this?

spacer.png

Yes and it is an amazing experience to fly with someone else in 'the same' cockpit.  It completely changes the experience.

You need Hamachi to make it work.

Off topic, sorry

shared cockpit would rock but I doubt it could easily (if at all() be coded in P3D.  Aint never gonna happen with FSX.

It's really not an issue with the sims in itself, and somehow as the aircraft system should be the same it should be even possible to fly between FSX and P3D, as it is mostly to have the same "status" on both aircraft.

The main issue is that the amount of data to achieve this must be quite huge, and also, there are some possible issues as you can't just put the same thrust level on both sides as if both sides don't have the same weather it could lead to discrepancies. I believe that is why it is difficult, and not specifically because of the sims themselves.

WHAT>>??

Surely you jest..?

I shall go look at that...not gonna buy those mind you (only so much money and waiting on the P3D PMDG 744v3).

But certainly that is most curious.

I have not tried on these new addons but I had played with the old FlyTheMaddog which was already doing it quite nicely :)

The main issue is that the amount of data to achieve this must be quite huge, and also, there are some possible issues as you can't just put the same thrust level on both sides as if both sides don't have the same weather it could lead to discrepancies. I believe that is why it is difficult, and not specifically because of the sims themselves.

If PMDG has shown us one thing, it is that they are one of the most capable teams in the industry. If others have done it, they definitely can. It's not a case about being 'easy' or 'difficult'. I can imagine it is a monumental effort.

It is more a question of will. I know many people who bought the Aerosoft Airbus just because it had shared cockpit functionality. That won't necessarily be the case with the 744. Everyone is going to want it - whether it has shared cockpit or not. That will, quite considerably (potentially) limit the will of the management team to want to invest the time developing further functionality which will not impact their sales.

I would however, be willing to pay an even higher premium than the retail price of the 744 to include the functionality.

For me, Froogle has lost his integrity. How can you be un biased about a company you test for? I used to like his videos but there is a pattern to him now that is unlikable.

For me, Froogle has lost his integrity. How can you be un biased about a company you test for? I used to like his videos but there is a pattern to him now that is unlikable.

I don't see your point, it's not like he's being paid for testing it or anything for it. There is in the world nobody that is unbiased anyway. Even TV journalist in any country will not speak the same level on different political group. Even vieo games testyers with the huge package, travels for games presentation.

If he was in a close Tech Team or part of PMDG I would agree, but here I don't agree at all. He also makes it clear he is in the beta test in the video, it's not like some big youtubers (outside of sim) that are paid for making videos and don't say anything to the viewers.

That's view is ridiculous. If he didn't do it, someone else would. His style is methodical and logical and he has the ability to deliver a critique in a much more susinct way than most of the Youtube hacks lurking about. He has always disclosed that he is a beta tester for PMDG, so who better to deliver a series of videos.

If PMDG has shown us one thing, it is that they are one of the most capable teams in the industry. If others have done it, they definitely can. It's not a case about being 'easy' or 'difficult'. I can imagine it is a monumental effort.

It is more a question of will. I know many people who bought the Aerosoft Airbus just because it had shared cockpit functionality. That won't necessarily be the case with the 744. Everyone is going to want it - whether it has shared cockpit or not. That will, quite considerably (potentially) limit the will of the management team to want to invest the time developing further functionality which will not impact their sales.

I would however, be willing to pay an even higher premium than the retail price of the 744 to include the functionality.

I don't think it is that simple, of course others did it, I have not the Aerosoft Airbus, but I have the majestic, it's priced higher, but also I'm not sure it has as many intricates system, and I think the Dash 8 q400 in terms of system is less complicated, and so the quantity of data to synchronize is probably lower. PMDG has already stated logn ago they had done some test but it was not up to their level or quality. I don't think they don't want to do it.

Some bizarre comments in this thread. Just a point on the perspective out of the window - it's highly dependent on the zoom level, screen ratio, resolution and a bunch of other things. In fact, many simmers use a highly unrealistic fisheye zoom that makes everything look weird. I don't know what zoom level Froogle used here but it will look different on every sim.

• Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com