I'm using LittleNav with FSX, so perhaps it doesn't apply to me, but can someone explain the usage and location of the 'Path to NavData'.

Perhaps in anticipation of Navigraph support?

Also, on a more personal note, would it be possible to add skins or a way to modify the color scheme?.  I'm a Windows 7 user and the Win 8.1 and Win 10 flat app look isn't always visually appealing..

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

there is no "path to navdata". Where did you find that? A dialog or the manual?

I'm a Windows 7 user too and the program should not look like flat style in Windows 7.

It should look like this screenshot here: https://albar965.github.io/images/littlenavmap_airportoverview.jpg

You can change the style slightly if you pass

-style Fusion

on the command line to the program. You can add that in the shortcut, but the differences are quite subtle.

For the next release I plan to add a dark mode for night flights but there are no plans for skins yet.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Alex..

Massive apologies with a fair helping of embarrassment thrown in.   Wrong app!

Sorry for the confusion..   

No issues with LIttleNav...

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

The whole issue of Navdata inaccuracies between what is in the Sim (which is as old as 2006 in some cases) and the latest data is an ongoing problem. One that I hope will have a good resolution one day.

Kind regards

he whole issue of Navdata inaccuracies between what is in the Sim (which is as old as 2006 in some cases) and the latest data is an ongoing problem. One that I hope will have a good resolution one day.

I agree.

When I import a flight plan created with SimBrief there are always a few entries flagged in red.  I'm guessing that means that LittleNav can't find them in the database.

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

Yes, That is a nice feature of LNM. If it can't find the ID in the Sim it flags it in red and uses the latitude and longitude for the waypoint rather than crash out of the plan.

Little Navmap can crash in certain cases when using these updates and calculating a flight plan.

Only flight plan calculation is affected.

I fixed a bug in the calculation and tested the navaid updates with my current development version. All is doing well now.

The calculated plans look good and crashes are gone too.

Alex

Thanks Werner,

I'm planning on doing the update as per you link soon.