Sign in to follow this  
Skyden888

Autopilot mode

Hi guys, 

The plane looks really great, however, the autopilot ALT, GS and BC are not working at all....

I mean, you select an altitude in the ALT selector, engage A/P and ALT and the plane is keeping wings steady, if you disable ALT the plane just has no vertical plan?!

Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks for your help

I don't have the Alabeo plane yet, but with the Flysimware I have to use the AP pitch (or rather vertical speed) wheel to make it descend/ascend. It will then stop at the selected altitude.

GS/BC is always going to be tricky because they're using FSX/P3D's internal autopilot logic and I've found those modes rarely work well in aircraft with that same set-up.  I think other people have had more luck with some tweaking and some really careful manipulation of the autopilot beforehand, but it will still be inconsistent.

The real-life version of the autopilot that was modeled does not have an altitude capture mode...I googled it and that seems to be accurate.  It was a common complaint that the factory autopilot on most C441s was inadequate for an aircraft in this class.  The altitude selector is a purely to give you a 1000' heads-up with the chime.  You have to use the pitch wheel to level it off yourself, but you might be able to cheat by using keyboard commands to manipulate the autopilot modes behind the scenes.

• Upvote 1

Ok thanks for the answers guys, it's a bit of a shame cause it's not really possible to fly precise IFR with it.. But anyway, thanks ;)

Got buried in the start video due to topic wander, something I tend to do allot.  :wink:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/497737-c441-start-procedure-video/#entry3509645

I was considering upgrading the autopilot with a gauge swap out of Carenado's B200, but I kind of like the old school setup.

Can't fly IFR?!? Dude I use to fly an autopilot very similar to this all of the time and not only did I fly it IFR, but I flew it across the pond. There is also this thing we call hand flying, where the pilot takes manual control of the aircraft.    :good: The C441 is a decent hand flyer, not as stable as their C404, but not as unwieldy as some of their other offerings.  

The altitude hold mode captures your altitude when you hit the button.  It's basically the same as is on most old Cessnas and Pipers.  It's true to life, but woefully inadequate.