Sign in to follow this  
CaptainLars

RJTT: from an arrival to an approach without a connecting wpt

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Set the HDG to whatever you want, the course is the salient variable and it is automatically set based on the navdata.

Yes, I set HDG according what FMC NAV says regardless of what MFD ITD displays after LOC. Example, on 747 v2 I set HDG 230 following FMC and after LOC I can see ITD 232 which is 2 degrees ILS offset and learned I have to disengage Autopilot to  land manually on runway. With 747 v3 I set HDG 232 which is from FMC NAV and after LOC the ITD is 232 as well then AP off and manual landing. So, I don't set HDG without confirming the info from FMC NAV. Am I wrong? I have to point out I am learning with sim.

Patricio Valdes

4 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Am I wrong? I have to point out I am learning with sim.

I don't know if you are wrong, if you have a logical reason for doing what you are doing with the HDG.  For me, setting the HDG to final course so that I will fly that heading on go around, so there are approaches where I might set the HDG to the missed approach heading.  During approach, the aircraft is not flying the heading but is flying a course so the only reason to use HDG is for the Plan B that you are going to use if you abort.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

For me, setting the HDG to final course so that I will fly that heading on go around, so there are approaches where I might set the HDG to the missed approach heading. 

Hi Pilot, I am not talking about G/A and your APP procedures I understand about. I was concerned about HDG planning to land. So, when ILS is offset I have to land manually. My question was related between 747 v2 and v3. I learned 747 v2 is legacy so I would have to set HDG accordingly following FMC NAV. The 747 V3 I found is different, updated I guess. I love both and flying with v2 sometimes and v3 another times because I am still learning to handle VC. Also, 747 v3 demands more memory like the T7. So, it depends of the scenery is when I fly 747 v2 or v3. TechnoBrain RJTT gets close to OOMS with T7 and 747 v3. That's why I still have the 747 v2. Anyway, back to HDG settings I think you gave me a good advice and thanks a lot for helping me.

Patricio Valdes

9 hours ago, trisho0 said:

A pleasure to find a Pilot here. What about runway 23 did you land on with ILS? I found PMDG 747 v2 FMC NAV showing 230 heading. And PMDG 747 v3 shows 232. What do you set on MCP HDG window?

No. Most of the time when rwy 22 and 23 is used they prefer to use the LDA approach. 

What achtally happen is both LDA 22 and 23 appr will be used simultaneously and rwy 16L/R will be used for departures only. Where LdA22 is for those who comes in from the south and LDA 23 for those who arrives from the north. And the arrival path cross each other with just 1000ft separation on base leg to intercept the offset localizer. 

Only when the weather gets really bad in a southly wind condition the ILS 22/23 will be used. 

And the reason being RJTT is only 30mm to the west from RJAA (Narita), and the use of LDA approach effective routes all the traffic over Tokyo bay before begin their descend for the approacH. 

However if the ILS22/23 is used the arrival traffic would have to go further east which effects the traffic flow in RJAA (Narita). 

Have a look flight radar every now and then, during afternoon hours of tokyo (which quite often is effected by southly sea breeze), you will be able to see how they arrange both RJTT and RJAA traffic flow. It is quite interesting.

and don’t forget that the ILS23 is offset a degree as well, that’s why here is a track discrepancy between the FMC ILS track and rwy HDG. So don’t try to perform an autoland on rwy23. (This is similar to ILS22R in KJFK, also offset 2-3deg if I remember correctly). 

There is a RNP 23 approach which is quite fun to “watch” although I personally prefer the LDA because I love flying the airplane myself. 

However the PMDG777 VNAV path doesn’t behave like what the real airplane or the levelD sim does, and it doesn’t simulate RF leg as well. Thats why doing the RNP appr in flight sim sometimes can be painful. 

Personally i love flying into these airports, they always a bit challenging especially RJAA with the wind.

And Japanese airports are probably the cleaniest in the world I must say. Everything is neat and tidy. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Driverab330 said:

However the PMDG777 VNAV path doesn’t behave like what the real airplane or the levelD sim does, and it doesn’t simulate RF leg as well. Thats why doing the RNP appr in flight sim sometimes can be painful. 

Agree.., hopefully PMDG will finally get past the navdata issue soon (soon as in the next year or two).  The data structure in use is almost two decades old and cannot represent ARINC-424 data well. I know they are working on it, I just don't know how far along they are for it represents a major change to the FMS in all their products.  As for VNAV I also agree and find that the QOTSII is the first product that does a pretty good job with the vertical path.  I assume they will take the 744 code and work it into whatever it is that they are doing next, such as the 748, so VNAV performace will improve along with the RNP capabilities.  Just takes time.

Does anyone develop sceneries for Japanese airports besides WCI Narita, which is very dated now and doesn't have current taxi structure?

Dan Downs KCRP

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, downscc said:

Does anyone develop sceneries for Japanese airports besides WCI Narita, which is very dated now and doesn't have current taxi structure?

TechnoBrain who made RJTT (http://www.simflight.com/2014/07/26/technobrain-tokyo-international-airport-preview-photos/)

I am very pleasure with that scenery.

• Upvote 1

Patricio Valdes

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, 777200lrf said:

FlyTampa are doing RJTT. I listen in to liveatc to get correct real life procedures for airports I do not know.  - David Lee

WOW! if FlyTampa makes RJTT I go there indeed!

Patricio Valdes

On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 0:05 AM, 777200lrf said:

FlyTampa are doing RJTT. I listen in to liveatc to get correct real life procedures for airports I do not know.  - David Lee

10 hours ago, trisho0 said:

WOW! if FlyTampa makes RJTT I go there indeed!

Me too!