Sign in to follow this  
pilotinblue

Building my first gaming PC

I was thinking more in terms of not having space taken up by the OS and the pagefile.

I was thinking about that same topic, but I wasn't quite sure because of the times that might take running the OS activities needed for the game from a separate SSD. 

I might give it a try, I actually never did because I always had the OS in the same drive for playing games. Never had a problem though. Thanks for the advice Holdit but as for now, I rather expend the extra money in a little bit of extra performance or even save a little when it's time to buy if there as some deals that appeal to me.

But in the futur, oh yeah! I would like to see have it is to run the OS in one drive and gaming in other. As I said before, being a student does not make me rich ha, ha... I'm trying to squeeze every penny in this rig, so it can last me as long as possible without wasting any money.

Cheers, JL

The only real reason to have FSX on a separate drive from the OS is if space is an issue. If you have plenty of space on your SSD there should be no noticeable drop in performance with them both on the same drive.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello fellow AVSIM members,

It is time for an update on my built. As as student, I have to manage my money to be able to buy all the parts which I need to finish my gaming PC.

I bought some parts, such as the case, CPU cooling, RAM, accessories such as keyboard, mice, headset, Saitek flight controls and the fans. In the next couple of weeks I hope to finally buy all the parts I have left. I will be posting an update when I have collected all the missing parts.

The specs of the built have changes a bit, some parts were not/ are not available anymore and some others have been upgraded to newer/better versions.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update. Let us know when you get it done!

• Upvote 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

February update, I'm almost there!  :smile:  Next week I'll be getting the processor and the motherboard!

-Box: NZXT S340 Elite (I have it)

-Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

-Fans: CORSAIR AF140 Quiet Edition 1200rpm (I have it)

-Liquid cooling: CORSAIR H115i (I have it)

-Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) (I have it)

-Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 25" LED-Lit

-Mother board: ASUS Rog Strix Z270E Gaming

-Power: CORSAIR RM750x

-Processor: INTEL i7 7700k 4.5 GHz

-Storage: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB; HHD SEAGATE 4TB at 7.200rpm

With a little bit of help from my parents I was able to finish the build!! I had to make some last time changes but the PC is going to be an awesome machine :)

Although there is one issue, the Corsair H115i has a rattle on the water pump/motor, I am going to have to replace it. 

-Box: NZXT S340 Elite

-Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

-Fans: CORSAIR AF120 / AF140 Quiet Edition 1200rpm

-Liquid cooling: CORSAIR H115i. (Defective item, I might be getting a air cooler instead)

-Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB)

-Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 27" LED-Lit G-SYNC (I was able to convince my dad to help!)

-Mother board: MSI Z270 KRAIT GAMING

Power: EVGA superNOVA 650 P2

Processor: INTEL i7 7700k 4.5 GHz

SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB; 

HHD SEAGATE 4TB at 7.200rpm

IMG_2017-02-24 23:18:20.jpg

IMG_2017-02-24 23:18:25.jpg

Awesome!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow nice build. Any reason you're not using the M.2s on the motherboard with the  NVMe support, up to 32 Gb/s!

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

The CPU air cooler is now installed. As I said, the Corsair H115i was defective and I didn't want to take the risk taking delivery of another damaged item.

I bought the Enermax ETS-T40 in white which matches the build and I'm pretty surprised. It cools better and makes les noise. -In the picture below I was making sure it fitted perfectly before putting it in place.-

This week I am running some benchmarks and finishing the setup of the software. Then, proceed to the installation of games and photo/video editing programs. The CPU runs at 4.48Ghz without any problem. As for the temperatures, no much to say until I don't test it with some ultra graphics.

On 2/27/2017 at 6:44 PM, Lenny777 said:

Wow nice build. Any reason you're not using the M.2s on the motherboard with the  NVMe support, up to 32 Gb/s!

2 reasons actually. First being the budget, I wanted at least 500 SSD storage and the Samsung M.2 960 it almost $350. Second, I had already the SSD. An evo 850 given by my dad that allowed me to save some bucks. But don't worry, it'll be one of my first additions to the built in a year or so.

final pc.jpg

1 hour ago, pilotinblue said:

The CPU air cooler is now installed. As I said, the Corsair H115i was defective and I didn't want to take the risk taking delivery of another damaged item.

Good, air cooling is where it's at in the 120 and below price range.