Sign in to follow this  
MartinSRS

How to enter and change the Graphiccard in P3D/P3D.cfg

3jdxiaha.pnged4hzjjn.pngHi Guys!

After Months of finding out the Problem, thousands of mails with PMDG/Aerosoft und of Course an Live Support of PMDG, we cant solve the Problem.

I have an good gaming PC. An Nvidia GTX 870M and the internal Intel R HD Graphic Chip.

We want to choose the GTX instead of the graphic Chip, to use the 777 later.

We arent sure, that we enter the GTX correctly in the P3D.cfg. We delete the Chip in the .cfg and entered the GTX with no effect.

Also we can choose the GTX in P3D Menu.

Any Ideas to solve it?

Greetz.

Hi Guys!

After Months of finding out the Problem, thousands of mails with PMDG/Aerosoft und of Course an Live Support of PMDG, we cant solve the Problem.

Who else I wonder, you and PMDG? Did I get you right?

Dirk

I meant who 'we'?

Did you try to disable onboard video in BIOS then edit Prepar3d.cfg?

4600 is on your motherboard?

Can it be disabled in the Bios?

Backup the cfg .. restart P3D it create new cfg.

Edit: Dirk98 .. sorry, I did not see your post initially.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ill tried it, cant disable it in BIOS.

We= the PMDG guy from Live Support an i.

How should looks the Entering in .cfg?

Use the nVidia Control Panel.  Open it and go to Manage 3D Settings.  You should be shown a new window that allows you to assign your graphics card to an application.   Go to the drop down list, choose P3D and then assign the graphics card to it, meaning that your card, not the onboard video, will run in P3D.  Another way to fix this is to make sure that your card is assigned globally, so it will run regardless of the application.

Delete your P3D.cfg file and allow P3D to re-create it, and then your card should be the only gpu assignment.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I've always disabled the onboard chip via "Device Manager". Left click on the Intel HD Graphics and select disable. Let P3d create new cfg.  Never had any issues this way