Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

WOAI and P3Dv3

Hi,

I read a lot of AI Traffic and P3D. I came to the conclusion that I want to do my own AI Traffic.

First start I installed the WOAI packages. But they dont shown up insim. I know its because of fs09 files. I made a test cnverting with AI Flight planner of the LH flightplans and loaded a flight in EDDM. Nothing but the default AI were shown. Also converted a 744 Model to the fsx format but this also doesnt solve anything.

Is there any guide of how to create your own AI? I just need an example with one airline. What do you need to attend at the aircraft model and so on.

Hope anyone can help me or can give me a kind of a tutorial.

Best regards

Friedo

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

A small tip:

1) Unpack the WOAI packages to a dummy folder. The FS9 packages uses as different folder structure than FSX/P3D, so if you point the WOAI-Installer directly to FSX or P3D they'll end up in the wrong place.

2) Convert all the Traffic bgl files with AIFP to FSX/P3D format. After conversion COPY them to P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery-folder.

3) COPY the aircraft to P3D/SimObjects/Airplanes-folder.

4) COPY effect files to P3D/Effects

5) COPY sound files to P3D/Sound

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Are you putting the aircraft in your Airplanes folder or outside of this folder?  You can do either or even on another drive but if you do you will need to point the simobjects.cfg to the folder. 

WOAI should change the main Traffic.bgl.  I usually go through each default aircraft.cfg and X out the repaint number [fltsim.X] for the default AI to make sure they don't show up. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Are you putting the aircraft in your Airplanes folder or outside of this folder?  You can do either or even on another drive but if you do you will need to point the simobjects.cfg to the folder. 

WOAI should change the main Traffic.bgl.  I usually go through each default aircraft.cfg and X out the repaint number [fltsim.X] for the default AI to make sure they don't show up. 

I create a new AI folder and added it to the .cfg.

One cant deactivate the default traffic in one way? for example rename the traffic.bgl to traffic.bgl.pass? So WOAI needs this bgl?

1) Unpack the WOAI packages to a dummy folder. The FS9 packages uses as different folder structure than FSX/P3D, so if you point the WOAI-Installer directly to FSX or P3D they'll end up in the wrong place.

2) Convert all the Traffic bgl files with AIFP to FSX/P3D format. After conversion COPY them to P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery-folder.

3) COPY the aircraft to P3D/SimObjects/Airplanes-folder.

4) COPY effect files to P3D/Effects

5) COPY sound files to P3D/Sound

I will give that a try.

Is there any way to unpack the WOAI folders in a single way, or do I need to unpack them one by one?

I also read that one can use non AI models as AIs. Anyone know how to go on with that?

Phil

You don't need the default traffic.bgl file in any way, unless you want defualt aircraft mixed in with your AI Traffic.

WOAI has an option to install every pack in one go - no need to do it one by one.

You don't need the default traffic.bgl file in any way, unless you want defualt aircraft mixed in with your AI Traffic.

WOAI has an option to install every pack in one go - no need to do it one by one.

So i missed something. I installed WOAI with the installer all alt one time. But for that I didnt Need to unpack the folders.

I guess I already did your first step.

It doesnt matter in which format the Aircraft models are, does it?

Phil

The modelse does certainly matter, and some older FS2002/2004 models can't be used in FSX or P3D.

There is nothing wrong with WoAI, but before you get too far, consider doing your own AI using Alpha India Group flight plans. AI Flight Planner makes custom AI almost as easy as WoAI plus you get current flight plans, liveries, and excellent FSX/P3D AI models. PM me your email if interested and I can walk you through it.

AIG Flight plans give you the most realistic schedules and they are automatically created using AIFP as stated. The only drawback is that the individual flight activity levels are set at 1% by default, negating any changes one makes to the commercial (IFR) activity level setting in P3d. If you have VAS and/or performance issues now at big 3rd party airports, these schedules will only make that situation worse.

AIG Flight plans give you the most realistic schedules and they are automatically created using AIFP as stated. The only drawback is that the individual flight activity levels are set at 1% by default, negating any changes one makes to the commercial (IFR) activity level setting in P3d. If you have VAS and/or performance issues now at big 3rd party airports, these schedules will only make that situation worse.

Which is why you should always use Traffic Optimizer to accurately regulate AI traffic.

True, but that cancels the ability to see realistic schedules, particularly at hub airports, without preserving arrival and departure airport traffic in TO. If that setting is turned off in TO, then the sim will grind to a halt at a hub.

AIFP gives you the option of adjusting AI traffic percentage levels. So easy to use and helps minimize amount of ai.

• Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Again true, but then you don't get realistic schedules. My original point was that the unmodified AIG schedules are "true to life", but if one uses them, there is a big performance hit at hub airports.

As an aside, there is another interesting trend going on that makes putting together realistic AI traffic schedules more difficult. At one point, many of the major carriers provided free downloads of timetable data which could be converted to schedules by using AIFP. Unfortunately in the US, the last major carrier to do so, American Airlines stopped doing this. The AA timetable webpage is still there:

https://www.american-airlines.nl/intl/be/travelInformation/downloadable.jsp

but it no longer works. The major US carriers now only provide apps and webpages which allow only a limited querying of the schedule database. There are still a good number of foreign carriers that provide timetables, probably because their customer base is used to using this format for train travel.

EDIT. After poking around a bit I managed to find a timetable file online for Delta Airlines. 

AIFP will convert and compile the routes to FSX format. You MUST do that for P3D. As for models, just search around, more and more models and paints are being updated to FSX format which is much better for P3d.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090