Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

WOAI and P3Dv3

Again true, but then you don't get realistic schedules. My original point was that the unmodified AIG schedules are "true to life", but if one uses them, there is a big performance hit at hub airports.

As an aside, there is another interesting trend going on that makes putting together realistic AI traffic schedules more difficult. At one point, many of the major carriers provided free downloads of timetable data which could be converted to schedules by using AIFP. Unfortunately in the US, the last major carrier to do so, American Airlines stopped doing this. The AA timetable webpage is still there:

https://www.american-airlines.nl/intl/be/travelInformation/downloadable.jsp

but it no longer works. The major US carriers now only provide apps and webpages which allow only a limited querying of the schedule database. There are still a good number of foreign carriers that provide timetables, probably because their customer base is used to using this format for train travel.

EDIT. After poking around a bit I managed to find a timetable file online for Delta Airlines.

You won't get realistisk schedules anyway as P3D can't handle high volumes of traffic. It just turns into a mess.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

You won't get realistisk schedules anyway as P3D can't handle high volumes of traffic. It just turns into a mess.

Very true indeed, but compared to what else is available it's as close to real and current as you can get.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

AIFP will convert and compile the routes to FSX format. You MUST do that for P3D. As for models, just search around, more and more models and paints are being updated to FSX format which is much better for P3d.

I asked because I already installed all WOAI packages and therefore I got a lot of aircraft models

One cant get information about the format of them?

I need to search each model Hand by hand to get a fsx/p3d updated Model?

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

There is no easy way to convert the older models to FSX format.

Some of them needs to be replaced or deleted to avoid CTD.

Sorry, but I don't remeber which ones at the moment. I installed the WOAI packages years ago, editet them, updated flight plans and converted textures from bmp to dds format. Sadly the authors of these freeware packages won't let me share these updated files, so you'll have to do it all on your own. It took me a few months.

There is no easy way to convert the older models to FSX format.

Some of them needs to be replaced or deleted to avoid CTD.

Sorry, but I don't remeber which ones at the moment. I installed the WOAI packages years ago, editet them, updated flight plans and converted textures from bmp to dds format. Sadly the authors of these freeware packages won't let me share these updated files, so you'll have to do it all on your own. It took me a few months.

Alright. I will have a look. Sadly that they dont alow to share the updated files. So everyone needs to do the Same work again and again. But anyway. Thanks for all your help. I will try to Start updating WOAI and will be sure to contact you again if i got some questions

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

FS9 AI aircraft models tend to work more or less in FSX and P3d.

They can't be easily converted because one loses most if not all of the animations, when using converters like MCX. It's not much of an aircraft without landing gears. This is why many FS9 models have hung around the community for so long.

As long as you can get FSX paints for those models, you should be okay.

Nope. Some of the models are only compatible up to FS9 and will cause g3d.dll and kernelbase.dll crashes if used in FSX or P3D (I think Regional Air of Morocco was one of the packages that will cause crashes).

the only thing i dont understand how to check if the model is for fs09 or fsx. I installed all woai packages and didnt get an crash. Otherwise I dont see any traffic in sim :D

You can't. You'll get a CTD if you fly near them. 

Since the P3d update to v3 I don't think ANY of the mainstream FS9 AI models will cause CTD's anymore and they all worked in FSX. The majority of those that did have issues in earlier versions of P3d were mostly from HTAI and DWAI.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I haven't had any issues with traffic in P3Dv3. I keep my traffic in P3D at about 40%.

With AIFP, when you compile your traffic file you have the option of selecting P3D format (which I don't know if it's is any different than FSX, but it is there). I also adjust my traffic activity level before compiling (easy to do with a click of the mouse button). It doesn't get much easier. Read the AIFP manual (it doesn't take long) and you'll realize that installing packages are pretty easy. Every now and then I install fresh 4-5 AI packages, which takes me 30 minutes or so. Once you get all the models installed, it's a breeze.

These are the FSX/P3D models I am aware of:

FAIB (737 series, 747 series, A318-321)

UTT (MD-11, 787-8 and -9, and many others)

FSPainter (FSPXAI) MD-11, 787-8 and -9

FYI, FSP also released his A330 models but they are now payware (about $13 USD)

I know there are other models I am missing, especially GA aircraft and corporate jets

All other models, as far as I know, are FS9 models (AIA, AIG, AIM, HTAI, OSP, TFS, etc) but many painters have done FSX/P3D paints.

Alpha India group has an exhaustive list of available models and their links. I would also peruse the AIG forums because new models are released every year it seems.

It takes a little work to do it yourself and some packages take effort to install but many install without a hitch using AIFP.

Just curious, what activity level settings in AIFP do you guys use? I use "proportional traffic at all airports" and set my low at 1% and high at 80%.