Sign in to follow this  
PaulGR

Alternative to FSDreamTeam GSX

Hi all.

Can somebody point me towards good ground services add on?

I mostly like GSX but they just work/don't work depending on the mood I guess on certain locations.

When I add parking spots or cargo ramps it never works while FSX recognizes all the changes without issue.

I troubleshooted it in all possible ways found in the net but no luck so I'm done.

Time to move on and hope somebody can point me on something that works.

I fly mostly cargo if it makes any difference.

Thank you in advance.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

There's AES from Aerosoft. The program is free but you have to buy credits for each airport. It also doesn't cover every airport like GSX does.

NAX669.png

AES does not work with the Steam edition of FSX.

I wasn't aware of that. I knew it didn't work with P3D. Thanks for the correction.

NAX669.png

I've used both and IMO GSX is streets ahead. The idea of having to buy credits for each airport is a joke.

• Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It's too bad that there are only two options to go with for ground services.  A long time ago, I started with Aerosoft, only because I didn't know who else to buy airports from, at the time.  At some point, I plopped down some cash for credits, picking and choosing where i wanted services.  After a little while, I wised up to the fact that Howard so profoundly put it "it's a joke".  I would have said "money grab", but I think we're on the same page.  I'm not sure why something like that isn't given more attention by Aerosoft?

For GSX, which I have as well, it seemed to work just fine at airports, although I never got into it as extensively as the software provided.  When I bought it, it seemed like the perfect solution and as far as I know, it is still maintained and updated.  I have used it in P3D, but not with the latest build, so I cannot confirm or deny it's functionality (I'm sure someone here can though).  Fortunately, if I need GSX that bad, I can roll back to v3.2 of P3D, which is where i used it last.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

When I add parking spots or cargo ramps it never works while FSX recognizes all the changes without issue.

I troubleshooted it in all possible ways found in the net but no luck so I'm done.

Have you posted to the FSDT forum?   It may simply be a case of having to edit the airport in FSDT, but someone there will know for sure.

Ernest Pergrem

Have you tried to enable the gsx logging function and having a look at the logfile? That way I found out, that gsx ignores many airports due to the afcad file size (there is an easy fix to be found in the fsdt forum).

Dominik

Hi all.

Can somebody point me towards good ground services add on?

I mostly like GSX but they just work/don't work depending on the mood I guess on certain locations.

Time to move on and hope somebody can point me on something that works.

I fly mostly cargo if it makes any difference.

Thank you in advance.

Your best bet would be to ask them on their forum. Tell them what you have done and what the problem is you're having.

I've made all kinds of changes to many AFCADS and GSX always works provided the AFCAD has no faults and you don't have more than one AFCAD installed for that airport.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to why it's not working for you, but you'll need to give explicit details explaining what you've done and what features are not working.

Don't give up so easy.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wasn't aware of that. I knew it didn't work with P3D. Thanks for the correction.

It does work with P3D!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It does work with P3D!.

Cheers, Ed

When did AES start working with AES? I can't find any evidence that.

Unless you miss quoted and meant that GSX works with P3D, which it does.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

When did AES start working with AES? I can't find any evidence that.

Unless you miss quoted and meant that GSX works with P3D, which it does.

That's correct, I was always referring to GSX, a wonderful application.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It does work with P3D!.

Cheers, Ed

I was referring to AES.

NAX669.png

Thank you for the replies.

I used ADE to check if taxiways are broken or something but everything works fine.

Considering everything worked fine the day before this is what throws me off from GSX.

It's like once in a while it decides "today you are not loading any cargo with us:  :smile:

I posted on their forums but was told it's not GSX fault.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Thank you for the replies.

I used ADE to check if taxiways are broken or something but everything works fine.

Considering everything worked fine the day before this is what throws me off from GSX.

It's like once in a while it decides "today you are not loading any cargo with us:  :smile:

I posted on their forums but was told it's not GSX fault.

If you make changes to the afcad file, after loading fsx again, do you get the "updating airport cache" message? if not, you can delete the data and it rebuilds in your appdata virtuali folder