Sign in to follow this  
PaulGR

Alternative to FSDreamTeam GSX

Umberto has mentioned in the GSX Support Forum lately that they are in the process of completely redoing GSX, including adding new services as well as updating the old ones.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I posted on their forums but was told it's not GSX fault.

You haven't been told JUST that (I assume you are "PG" on our forum...):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14583.0.html

You have been given an explanation, following your description of the problem, which was a very specific warning message from GSX, the "This Parking Is Isolated. Ground Services not Available.", which is a message we added fairly recently, so users won't be presented with a panic log, and would realize that maybe there's something wrong in the AFCAD.

Yes, you said your .BGL checks fine with ADE, but that's not enough. In order to be used by GSX, an AFCAD must be self-contained, an "enhancement" .BGL containing just your additions, like the newly added parkings, is not supported.

Yes, FSX can do that, but adding this feature to GSX would create a whole new class of issues you don't want to hear about it, because we would have to support all different kind of exclusion areas, open many .BGLs at once, so we decided it was simply more reliable to support a SINGLE .BGL at time.

As I've told you on our forum, since your log file indicated the AFCAD used by GSX was still the default one, it's normal you wouldn't see any of your additions, since that airport you reported on, by default, doesn't have ANY parkings, just one Fuel parking which is also unconnected to the taxiway layout, so GSX was entirely correct giving you that warning.

If, instead, you are sure your .BGL contains both parkings and taxiways, so it can be considered "self-contained" by GSX, maybe there's another reason why it hasn't been loaded.

First, try a "Restart Couatl and rebuild Airport cache" option from the Couatl Settings menu. This will fix the uncommon case where GSX couldn't automatically detect a .BGL change.

If that doesn't fix it, be sure you enable Logging in the GSX Troubleshooting section, and choose the "Restart Couatl and rebuild Airport cache" option AGAIN. Then, exit from the sim, and check your log file, by default located under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG.  Maybe, there was a reason why the .BGL was rejected, which should be apparent in the Log file.

You haven't been told JUST that (I assume you are "PG" on our forum...):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14583.0.html

You have been given an explanation, following your description of the problem, which was a very specific warning message from GSX, the "This Parking Is Isolated. Ground Services not Available.", which is a message we added fairly recently, so users won't be presented with a panic log, and would realize that maybe there's something wrong in the AFCAD.

Yes, you said your .BGL checks fine with ADE, but that's not enough. In order to be used by GSX, an AFCAD must be self-contained, an "enhancement" .BGL containing just your additions, like the newly added parkings, is not supported.

Yes, FSX can do that, but adding this feature to GSX would create a whole new class of issues you don't want to hear about it, because we would have to support all different kind of exclusion areas, open many .BGLs at once, so we decided it was simply more reliable to support a SINGLE .BGL at time.

As I've told you on our forum, since your log file indicated the AFCAD used by GSX was still the default one, it's normal you wouldn't see any of your additions, since that airport you reported on, by default, doesn't have ANY parkings, just one Fuel parking which is also unconnected to the taxiway layout, so GSX was entirely correct giving you that warning.

If, instead, you are sure your .BGL contains both parkings and taxiways, so it can be considered "self-contained" by GSX, maybe there's another reason why it hasn't been loaded.

First, try a "Restart Couatl and rebuild Airport cache" option from the Couatl Settings menu. This will fix the uncommon case where GSX couldn't automatically detect a .BGL change.

If that doesn't fix it, be sure you enable Logging in the GSX Troubleshooting section, and choose the "Restart Couatl and rebuild Airport cache" option AGAIN. Then, exit from the sim, and check your log file, by default located under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG.  Maybe, there was a reason why the .BGL was rejected, which should be apparent in the Log file.

The airport was overwritten AND it was working the day before. I already stated that in post #14.

Like I replied on your forums I also restarted coutl and rebuild the database and it doesn't help. 

THIS is my problem. I know how to edit airports so they work fine but then all of the blue GSX stops recognizing stuff and best part of all, day or two later it will work fine or not at all.

Annoying lol.

I'm gonna try to reinstall the whole thing and see what happens.

Maybe Windows 10 migration messed something up.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

The airport was overwritten AND it was working the day before. I already stated that in post #14.

You only said it was working the day before in post #14, not that the airport was it was overwritten so, I had to reply the way I did, in order to be sure you are aware that, if you created a separate file with just your addition, it wouldn't work.

Since GSX surely won't reject a file it already accepted earlier, the only possible explanations is that your .BGL has somewhat reverted to default because, in the default .BGL for PADK there ARE no usable parkings!

This can easily happen, even without your knowledge with FSX:SE, since Steam has a feature that can revert all the files supplied with the game to their original version.

What's the filesize of your APX00130.BGL file ? Mine (FSX:SE) is 20.376 bytes. Do you have a copy of your modified file ? Send it to me by email, please, so I can check it.

Umbero,

I do NOT own or  use this product, However, I would like to make the comment, that, if I did own this product, I would be extremely appreciative of this level of support. Outstanding to say the least.

Well done

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Agree with Tony.

Very nice support.

Just to update here, I came back home and decided to take flight before reinstalling FSX.

And here it is working :)

I'm still wiping everything.

IWEIDZg.jpg

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png