Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

yaw and fps

using siatek x52  just started with x plane when I start flight from runway the yaw is terrible using edition 10 x plane also which keys to cheak my fps and alt any suggestions on both please moved from fsx and orbx

using siatek x52  just started with x plane when I start flight from runway the yaw is terrible using edition 10 x plane also which keys to cheak my fps and alt any suggestions on both please moved from fsx and orbx

The yaw is due to propeller effects, you need to compensate using rudder. If you don't have rudder pedals, you can assign the yaw (rudder) axis to the twist axis of your x52. To do this, go to "Settings"->Joystick & Equipment"->"Axis", check which axis corresponds to the twist axis of your joystick, and assign it to "yaw".

To show your FPS, go to "Settings"->"Data Input & Output" and check the last (fourth) tickbox in the entry named "frame rate" (it should be the first one top-left). Otherwise, you can use some external utility like FRAPS.

The user interface will change in X-Plane 11, so the procedures will likely be different as well.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

ok took my first flight in x plane,    got the yaw sorted a bit on the twist but its very light.?????    fps now I have two rotating all through the flight around 120 to 98 but I have not found out how to set it yet I think I read it correct, x plane is a lot different from the fsx I have , in my fsx I can let go of the stick x plane I cant relax so much   and I am only flying the Cessna 172 thanks a lot for your help that's two bit sorted

ok took my first flight in x plane,    got the yaw sorted a bit on the twist but its very light.?????    fps now I have two rotating all through the flight around 120 to 98 but I have not found out how to set it yet I think I read it correct, x plane is a lot different from the fsx I have , in my fsx I can let go of the stick x plane I cant relax so much   and I am only flying the Cessna 172 thanks a lot for your help that's two bit sorted

I flew the 172 a few times and had to find another aircraft to fly.  For some reason, that aircraft was all over the place.  I bought the Carenado Piper Sport Cruiser and she handled much better.  I'm not sure if the Cessna's prop effects are realistic, and if they are, I sure as heck ain't going up in one in real life! lol

You can fly the Beech Barron, which is world's apart from the Cessna, and it's a default aircraft.  The control on the stick and rudder is easier to manage too.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

thanks jim,    ill try another see how I get on,    ill try that beech  baron,,,  but this Saitek seems very twitchey wonder if I can add another spring,    rgds dave

well I tried again got of the ground with the Cessna,  just flew around for a while,   if I rolled to the left then let go of stick after a while it would return to its bios of over banking to the left  do you recon my stick is at fault, I wanted to include a shot of another question but don't no as yet how to   rgds

well I tried again got of the ground with the Cessna,  just flew around for a while,   if I rolled to the left then let go of stick after a while it would return to its bios of over banking to the left  do you recon my stick is at fault, I wanted to include a shot of another question but don't no as yet how to   rgds

I'll ask a dumb question:  Are you sure your flight controller is properly calibrated?  If so, does your hardware have any type of resistance dial on it to control the amount of tension it has?  For example, on my Thrustmaster, I have a large dial beneath the stick that I can rotate to control the tension, which is nice to have if you like a little slack or a really tight stick.

I know, that didn't come out quite right, but I think the example makes sense.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

no only got tension on the throttle, ill see how I get on for a short while,   then get one of those warthog ones I recon ill  also see if I can differ the settings still learning u see     when I got the data on the screen after you directed me to it   ie from left to right 1st two frame rates then cpu I think that was % then gpu% usage is that correct