Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

New X-Plane 11 Preview Just Released

I've watched this about 6 times already. If this doesn't work us up into a frothy lather of expectation, I don't know what will! :smile:

Enjoy!

Tom

• Upvote 6

Hi Murfman,

Thanks for the heads up. It looks great - outstanding graphics.

I am making a hopeful guess it will be out Thanksgiving. That will take the load off of the servers downloading XP11 to fewer people who will not be at grandma's house.

If not I'll try and be patient.

Jim Morgan

You're a little too optimistic, here's what Randy Witt has to say in the video's comments:

Release date is by the end of this year, guys....

Anyway, fantastic video, some views are simply jaw dropping.

Pascal

Jaw dropping :D I love the new lighting and reflection! It will be great:D

here's what Randy Witt has to say in the video's comments:

And he got more precise on that topic:

Tyler or Ben put up Nov on the website but I've always said it would be This Holiday Season (or by the end of this year). We may make November still but I'm not 100% confident statement.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

What of AI and ATC?

I have XP9 and XPX...and my jaw is NOT dropping at this so far.

spacer.png

Looks great to me - thanks for sharing - will there be a demo for this - would assume so ?

Rich Sennett

What I don't like is the jumping (i.e. running at very low FPS) environment reflections on the aircrafts, e.g. at 00:25 and 01:55 in the video. Apparently it would break immersion a lot for me. If that is the only way to have good performance with environment reflections on, I'd rather turn them off.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

What I don't like is the jumping (i.e. running at very low FPS) environment reflections on the aircrafts, e.g. at 00:25 and 01:55 in the video. Apparently it would break immersion a lot for me. If that is the only way to have good performance with environment reflections on, I'd rather turn them off.

We'll just have to see when we finally get our hands on it, and start optimizing settings for whatever hardware we're all running.

In that new clip, I was also seeing much more jagged aliasing on shadow edges in a few frames than I get on my rig. My shadow edges are smooth. But then I'm not running pbr reflections yet, so who knows. I suppose I would trade off some shadow jaggies for sexy reflections, but maybe we won't have to.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Very exciting times ahead for X-Plane!  Enjoyed the video.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Guest JustanotherPilot

A few VC panel shots would have been the icing on the cake.

Cannot wait :)

I have the Steam version and just got got digital download version of XP10, I figured I may as well have  XP10 & XP11 for the price of one.

Hoping for a Thanksgiving Gift too lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

What I don't like is the jumping (i.e. running at very low FPS) environment reflections on the aircrafts, e.g. at 00:25 and 01:55 in the video. 

It's still in beta.  Let's not jump the "bug" gun quite yet.

• Upvote 1

It's still in beta.  Let's not jump the "bug" gun quite yet.

Beta or not, that is an official, Laminar-branded promotional video showcasing the product and building hype for sales. I think we have every right to comment on any small details that look a bit rough around the edges.

That said, they are small details and might be better on release. Meanwhile, everything else in the clip is looking very, very good. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Beta or not, that is an official, Laminar-branded promotional video showcasing the product and building hype for sales. I think we have every right to comment on any small details that look a bit rough around the edges.

That said, they are small details and might be better on release. Meanwhile, everything else in the clip is looking very, very good. 

Laminar branded promotional videos do not guarantee bug free releases.  Even Apple and Microsoft, with their operating systems, with their billion dollar budgets, multi million dollar advertising deals and countless testers, can't guarantee bug free releases.

You may very well have every right to comment, but on the other side of the spectrum, they have every right to delay release for another year to get more bugs ironed out.  

I'm not trying to argue with you.  I'm just saying it's not even out yet.  So let's just wait and see.

• Upvote 2