Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

New X-Plane 11 Preview Just Released

What of AI and ATC?

I have XP9 and XPX...and my jaw is NOT dropping at this so far.

Does P3D and FSX AI and ATC make your jaw drop?

• Upvote 1

There is mainly one topic for Boomer when he writes in X-Plane threads, and this is his wish for a "realistic airline environment", incl. options for very good AI and ATC.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Looking very nice. Now we are going to see a whole bunch of threads xp11 vs p3d 3.x vs DTGFS. Which is actually good. Will push these sims more for market share.

As for AI in XP11, I think World Traffic 3.0 is coming out soon. Better WX coming with Xenviro will make things very interesting vs P3D and DTG

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Out of the box, XP now gives the option to populate your airports with static Traffic and i beleive they look realistic due to PBR engine and with the ground services it adds a certain level of immersion. For ATC, there is a freeware replacement plugin which allows you to use "text to speech voices" such as Ivona...it is still in continuous development, its called 124th atc.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Out of the box, XP now gives the option to populate your airports with static Traffic and i beleive they look realistic due to PBR engine and with the ground services it adds a certain level of immersion. For ATC, there is a freeware replacement plugin which allows you to use "text to speech voices" such as Ivona...it is still in continuous development, its called 124th atc.

Very interesting! Watched the preview on youtube. Very interesting indeed.

Excellent news. The video shows great things about the upcoming xp11

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I should have known better to believe that XP11 would be released this month.  I'll give LR credit, they know how to market their product to get people to buy, but it's disconcerting that they kept advertising a release for November and now it looks like it won't happen.  Furthermore, Austin hasn't personally come out to make an official statement of the delay and we have to hear it second hand.

Disappointing to say the least.  I would have had a little more respect for LR if they had just said, "coming soon", instead of giving a month and then now, we don't have a release date, just a timeframe.  Recent experience with other developers stating releases like this just makes the consumers upset.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I should have known better to believe that XP11 would be released this month.  I'll give LR credit, they know how to market their product to get people to buy, but it's disconcerting that they kept advertising a release for November and now it looks like it won't happen.  Furthermore, Austin hasn't personally come out to make an official statement of the delay and we have to hear it second hand.

Disappointing to say the least.  I would have had a little more respect for LR if they had just said, "coming soon", instead of giving a month and then now, we don't have a release date, just a timeframe.  Recent experience with other developers stating releases like this just makes the consumers upset.

There is a chance also they are using this strategy to add a surprise element once released, maybe...where did you see the delay news, i did not see anything official.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

We know its in beta 6 so its a fair bet it's not that far off. If it's this month great, but if its next month the world still turns and life goes on. It will be here soon and I for one am looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 4

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

And you are basing this knowledge out of what ?  Some reference in this thread ?   In the video comments the same Randy Witt answered to a question of release in novemer "we have our fingers crossed"

They are on Beta 6 atm, Beta 5 last week. If curent releases are anything to go by we are at the very end and they are merely waiting if it is stable enough to release.  I personally still believe either thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after that.

• Upvote 1

We know its in beta 6 so its a fair bet it's not that far off. If it's this month great, but if its next month the world still turns and life goes on. It will be here soon and I for one am looking forward to it. 

Well I like to hold out hope, but it's the principle behind their marketing that disappointed me.  I don't necessarily feel cheated (yet) because I had not really used XP10 that much, prior to my purchase, but now that I do use it a lot, I do enjoy it, so all of the new features and UI interface change does get me excited for the new release.  I just hate being strung along, and I know people will say "well don't read the updates", you can't help but want to know the status.  If you pay good money for something and the company tells you when it will be available, you do have that expectation.  As I said before, other developers seem to take the same path by teasing the public just enough and then let them down hard with statements about delays that could last weeks, months and even years (yes, years, there is proof of that).

Jason, not to make this sound like a sob story but I have fought for years to get a sim to run right on my system.  Blowing through about three different systems, I finally got one with enough muscle.  Then, it was back to tweaking, updating, tweaking some more, followed by disgust and frustration.  When I discovered XP10, everything changed.  I literally went from a OOM'ing sim to one that delivered what I had wanted all along.  I won't name names, but in short, XP10 fits the bill.  Now I only have to wait for more good content to come about, but that I can wait on just fine.  With XP11's upcoming release, it appears that this will really deliver a powerful, detailed and stable sim to enjoy even more than 10.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yes I think Ben would have said something by now if the Holiday Season release was not going to happen. I put Ben in very high regard as his communication is fantastic. Let's not stir the 'delayed release ruined my life' pot juuuuust yet ... ! 

• Upvote 1

If it is released this month, I will respectfully take back my argument, but as I have to look at everything these days "hope for the best, but expect the worst"

Well I like to hold out hope, but it's the principle behind their marketing

I'm not sure there's a real strategy at all. Because since the initital announcement two timeframes have been communicated: November and this holiday season, which is Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Year. Some LR members said this, others said that. On the website, both can be found.

Besides, previous experience in the media business (games, movies, TV shows) show thst delays are normal and to be expected. The new Star Trek show was announced for January, got delayed to April and now they even speak of summer 2017.

One of the products I do for XP was announced in spring 2016 for "later this summer". Now I'll be glad I make it before christmas.

Such things happen.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir