Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

New X-Plane 11 Preview Just Released

What I don't like is the jumping (i.e. running at very low FPS) environment reflections on the aircrafts, e.g. at 00:25 and 01:55 in the video.

Keep in mind that LR use Mac's with crappy video cards.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Guest Mik75

Oooooh yeah!

Can't wait to give it try!

I love XPX's visuals, and it seems as if they improved the lighting even further!

I have no problem with the current UI, I don't care too much about seasons, and not at all about ATC, so I wonder how much better XP 11 will really be!

During its development cycle, XPX improved significantly, so XP 11 will be probably even much better when it reaches v11.2 or so! ;-)

Exciting times ahead!

"hope for the best, but expect the worst"

The worst would be if LR releases XP11 with too many bugs, so lets hope for the best and cut them some slack.

• Upvote 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Regarding the release date - and we have been through this with our 737 half a year ago - you can´t make the cover stretch without ripping.

People want you to release early and in a perfect state. This is mutually exclusive. The naysayers will wail at whichever option you choose.

Historically X-Plane has never released a new version in a "polished" state. Those of you that remember XP10.0 will agree. The common verdict was: underwhelming to outright disappointed. People don´t see the raw diamond, the new features, the promise. They only see the stuff that doesn´t look good (yet) or doesn´t work right (yet).

Traditionally LR didn´t worry about that. They had their loyal followers, who sometimes even waited until X.1 or X.2 to jump aboard... relaxed and calm.

But with the new users there is also an air of hysteria and tantrum-potential that may tarnish Laminars reputation if they throw out stuff too early. There is never a second chance to make a first impression. A beta-run is never free of surprises.

In my opinion you are only allowed to ###### about a delay vs. the original plan if you can promise to not wail if 11.0 doesn´t deliver 99% on every feature and in every facet.

Oh, sure got quiet, suddently :wink: .

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 6

Traditionally LR didn´t worry about that. They had their loyal followers, who sometimes even waited until X.1 or X.2 to jump aboard... relaxed and calm.

Nonsense, I'm going to buy and use it from day 1 no matter the bugs ;)

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Historically X-Plane has never released a new version in a "polished" state. Those of you that remember XP10.0 will agree. The common verdict was: underwhelming to outright disappointed. People don´t see the raw diamond, the new features, the promise. They only see the stuff that doesn´t look good (yet) or doesn´t work right (yet).

I'll slightly disagree with that, or else I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it should be about the XP10 release.

I seem to remember v10 flying well right out of the box, without any drastic problems. The complaints I remember were mostly from people who didn't have the hardware to run things like HDR, or streets packed with moving cars and headlights at night. New features that looked great in the pre-release videos, but took a while for the user community to appreciate until they upgraded their hardware.

And then of course the usual disappointment and complaints about seasons or weather, which it appears aren't going away any time soon. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yes, but this time we know there are no improvements on weather and seasons, so less complains  ;)

Look what I just found in my mailbox!

Dear X-Plane 11 beta tester,

Thank you for participating in the beta program for X-Plane 11. We'd like to inform you that the non-disclosure agreement is being lifted. You are now under no obligation to keep information about X-Plane 11 under wraps. 

Please feel free to start discussing X-Plane 11, as well as posting screenshots and videos.

Thank you again for your support of Laminar and X-Plane.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for participating in the beta program for X-Plane 11. We'd like to inform you that the non-disclosure agreement is being lifted. You are now under no obligation to keep information about X-Plane 11 under wraps. 

Please feel free to start discussing X-Plane 11, as well as posting screenshots and videos.

Well Jan, SPILL THE BEANS! :P

The fact that NDA has been lifted tells me XP11 is soon to be released.   :dance:

Posting this without any additional info or pictures is just downright rude, Jan :D

• Upvote 1

I'll slightly disagree with that, or else I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it should be about the XP10 release.

I seem to remember v10 flying well right out of the box, without any drastic problems. The complaints I remember were mostly from people who didn't have the hardware to run things like HDR, or streets packed with moving cars and headlights at night. New features that looked great in the pre-release videos, but took a while for the user community to appreciate until they upgraded their hardware.

And then of course the usual disappointment and complaints about seasons or weather, which it appears aren't going away any time soon.

But at that time you did not have Sky Max pro v4 coming on the way and x-enviro in beta for weather, also x-enviro mentioned in one of their latest stream they are working on "seasons" add on, Also LR spoke about future plans for procedural seasons.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

But at that time you did not have Sky Max pro v4 coming on the way and x-enviro in beta for weather, also x-enviro mentioned in one of their latest stream they are working on "seasons" add on, Also LR spoke about future plans for procedural seasons.

SkyMax Pro and X-Enviro aren't going to address the main complaint many of us have about weather, which is that it isn't modeled as a 3D system that we can fly in and out of, and that it can't model vertical convection systems like CBs. The weather complaints aren't just about whether clouds look nice. 

With regard to seasons, what Austin said about how they want to model seasons as a full dynamic system -- trees losing leaves, snow blowing across runways -- sounds fantastic! I'm all for it. It also sounds like something we won't see for another 10 years, if you think about it. Would it kill them to release a basic texture overlay while we wait for that better season model?

Not trying to sound grumpy here. I'm very excited for the v11 release and can't wait to fly it. I plan to keep complaining about the weather though.  :wink:

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

That was my feeling when I read Ben's answer to my question about better trees. "I'm thinking to 3D vegetations..:" but that means more years and in the meanwhile ten years old vegetation of FSX with addons looks better and more realistic. We know LR fast pace of development ;)

Anyway let's move to XP11, we've been enjoying (at least me) XP10 without seasons and I think we'll do the same for XP11.

• Upvote 1