Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Engine shutdown vibration not in sync with A2A C182

The vibration when shutting down the engine comes too late on the A2A C182. The prop is already standing still when the vibration continues for maybe two or three seconds.

This effect works fine and synchronized to the prop movement on other piston aircraft like the Carenado C185.

We take data from the simulator dictated by the aircraft itself.

The only ones able to calibrate this data is the aircraft's developer themselves (That's if they aren't stopped by some simulator limitations)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The A2A C182 has its own (quite subtle) engine vibration effect on shutdown - perfectly in sync with the prop movement.

Is it possible that this interferes with the chaseplane effect, delaying it?

Easiest short-term fix would be to have ChasePlane recognise the A2A aircraft which include vibration effects already and not use its own effect it during shutdown on those aircraft.

I also noticed it yesterday on the A2A Comanche as well. The camera movement came a couple of seconds after the prop stopped. I quite liked the CP camera 'wobble' though; it was a little more significant and felt more realistic than the small panel vibrations of the A2A effect, so hopefully in the long-term it can be worked out and left in.

Easiest short-term fix would be to have ChasePlane recognise the A2A aircraft which include vibration effects already and not use its own effect it during shutdown on those aircraft.

Exactly what I've added to the todo list. The only thing is that I don't own every single aircraft out there so I would need the community's help to list those aircraft.

It might not make it to Alpha 2 but we aim to have it for v1.0

Thanks

Kevenj

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42